RS 7 Discussion forum for the Audi RS 7

Exterior Protection

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 06:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let us know how it all turns out with your exterior protection. I am trying to decide what to do too, but not expecting my car for a couple more months.
Old 05-05-2016, 05:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by homer_simpson
Let us know how it all turns out with your exterior protection. I am trying to decide what to do too, but not expecting my car for a couple more months.
I've decided what I'm doing, but I'm probably going to do a new post here in the RS7 forums once everything is put on. I'm going down on Wednesday to have Audi put the PermaPlate on. I absolutely hate the fact that I'm doing that, but you HAVE to have the interior and exterior products put on in order to have the leather warranty (It covers rips, tears, burns, everything). I have two young kids so that warranty is pretty much a no-brainer.
The PermaPlate will be removed on the 20th when I have the final products installed. I hear you can take PermaPlate off with Dawn... or just a simple wax job. Pretty not-permanent...

Pics to come once everything is done in a couple weeks.
Old 04-02-2017, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Tisbury
I've decided what I'm doing, but I'm probably going to do a new post here in the RS7 forums once everything is put on. I'm going down on Wednesday to have Audi put the PermaPlate on. I absolutely hate the fact that I'm doing that, but you HAVE to have the interior and exterior products put on in order to have the leather warranty (It covers rips, tears, burns, everything). I have two young kids so that warranty is pretty much a no-brainer.
The PermaPlate will be removed on the 20th when I have the final products installed. I hear you can take PermaPlate off with Dawn... or just a simple wax job. Pretty not-permanent...

Pics to come once everything is done in a couple weeks.
Did you follow through on your plan? Did the installer have any problems removing the PermaPlate coating and/or charge more for the paint prep?
Old 04-02-2017, 10:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Postponed

Originally Posted by eric_p
Did you follow through on your plan? Did the installer have any problems removing the PermaPlate coating and/or charge more for the paint prep?
Everything went on hold after installing the full-front clear bra. My wife is deciding if she wants to keep the Nardo or do a black matte wrap. She's been is storage all winter so we're just getting her out aND in running order. I'll update when things change.
Old 09-17-2017, 05:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just fully wrapped mine with suntek and ceramic glass coated it.
Old 09-17-2017, 09:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Gsrjc
I just fully wrapped mine with suntek and ceramic glass coated it.
Looks beautiful, man. Congrats. We got stuck in an unexpected hail storm back in April and the Suntek product is WELL worth it. Very happy we did it. Good choice.
Old 09-18-2017, 06:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Oh ok. Thanks.
Old 04-21-2018, 09:40 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I'm in a similar position but have purchased a used RS7, so I need to have some minor paint repairs done first. I'm leaning towards getting Ceramic Pro "Gold" for the entire car (inside and out), but am debating whether to get the Suntek paint protection film - most likely on just the front half of the car ($2k instead of $4k for the entire car - which is the quote I received). Open to feedback or other ideas.
Old 04-22-2018, 02:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by fwafwow
I'm in a similar position but have purchased a used RS7, so I need to have some minor paint repairs done first. I'm leaning towards getting Ceramic Pro "Gold" for the entire car (inside and out), but am debating whether to get the Suntek paint protection film - most likely on just the front half of the car ($2k instead of $4k for the entire car - which is the quote I received). Open to feedback or other ideas.
Depends on how long you’ll keep the car and how **** you are. I got my fully wrapped and then ceramic coated. I’d say if money isn’t an issue do the whole car but I know others will say that is insane since the majority of stuff comes at the car from the front. I did my fully because I plan on keeping it a while and because I had the funds to do it. I will say the car looks great and I never worry about anything. Ceramic coating is great.

One thing to consider is shopping carts. They can come at all directions. Hopefully you’ll park far away from stuff but you never know. I don’t think I helped you any with your decision. I will say that the rear fenders don’t get too dirty from tire pieces so you might be okay with just the front.
Old 04-22-2018, 02:22 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

It seems that the more research I do, the more confused I become. Now I'm leaning towards Cquartz over Ceramic Pro, and Xpel over Suntek or the others. By tomorrow I might be totally against the entire concept. If this stuff is so great, why don't the manufacturer's include it on the cars?

Quick Reply: Exterior Protection