RS 7 Discussion forum for the Audi RS 7

Little help right before I buy...

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2019, 04:26 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Little help right before I buy...

Hey guys, been a while since I posted, I have a stage 1 APR tuned S8 and I am about to pull the trigger on a 2017 Nardo Grey RS7 performance with less than 10k miles on it. Has carbon ceramics, bang and olufsen and other features but I have been really gun shy and wanted to get your opinion before I did anything.

I am worried because the price on it right now is around 97k, which doesn't seem all that bad but I am worried that because we are now in 19 and the new C8's will be out soon I really should be looking at this thing priced more like it were a 2016 than a 2017 so 97k would definitely be on the steep end of that. I know these cars have historically held their value pretty well especially with a color like this and with extras.

Its MSRP was 138k but the car typically loses a crazy amount through depreciation in year one and I really don't want to jump into it and feel like I am already a bit behind in the value.

Thoughts?
Old 03-11-2019, 04:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Use Autotempest.com and compare prices of similar. If the price seems fair and you like the car, buy it.

With a tuned S8 however, I do question why you want an RS7? Its another brute tank. I'd go the other way; light, nimble and quick like a TTRS.
Old 03-11-2019, 05:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I think you will be waiting a while for a C8 RS7. My guess is that you will see the S7 as a 2020 model, but I would be surprised if the RS7 comes the same year. I have nothing to support that other than my gut
Old 03-11-2019, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Verybumpy
Use Autotempest.com and compare prices of similar. If the price seems fair and you like the car, buy it.

With a tuned S8 however, I do question why you want an RS7? Its another brute tank. I'd go the other way; light, nimble and quick like a TTRS.
Thanks for the reply, I will check that site out. I know they are similar cars in the sense of engine, both big etc. I should have stated my reasonings in the original email.

I want more of a statement car and less of a sleeper. I would also like the piece of mind off a warranty as I know the challenges that these cars bring. I was eeve considering a 17' R8 Plus and maybe a daily driver though it's a tad steep. I want to make sure I get a deal no matter what I buy as I can afford to be patient.
Old 03-26-2020, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey @pharmd29 did you end up selling your S8? I found a Daytona Pearl grey in Marietta I want to buy and was wondering if it was yours. Thanks
Old 03-26-2020, 10:21 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Jedd Lancaster
Hey @pharmd29 did you end up selling your S8? I found a Daytona Pearl grey in Marietta I want to buy and was wondering if it was yours. Thanks
I sold mine to a company up in Massachusetts and I believe they sold it. I ended up getting an RS7.