RS 7 Discussion forum for the Audi RS 7

MY NEW Phantom Black + Carbon optics RS 7

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 06:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by frenchie_pm
Beautiful. Although I do prefer a contrast. A light leather interior and the brushed aluminum trim looks great against the black.
Frenchie I'd have to agree with you...looks like a well tailored suit. When I was deciding between this and estoril blue (opposite ends I know) I was very sold on the contrast. Just happens I LOVE black and although tough to keep clean, it's majestic (you should know with Panther Black on the way!!). On this trim, with how meaty it looks, I don't miss the contrast at all. But it goes without a doubt that those of you who have it, it will & does look stunning!

I have gotten so many double/triple takes from regular ppl, chicks & car enthusiasts alike. The trim on this car is a head turner, and it's true presence is hard to comprehend until you pull into a parking lot!

How long until yours arrives?
Old 01-30-2014, 08:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Oh that black on carbon looks so menacing. I'm going to trade in my black truck for either an S7 or RS7 but on the fence about color, black is a beautiful but a pain at times. I'm still looking at going with Missano/Daytona/Phantom/Estroil
Old 01-31-2014, 03:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Black is awesome! I ordered Panther Black. I am lucky. Ordered my RS7 on Dec 27th 2013 and asked for European ( Germany ) delivery. Two weeks later my wife got cold feet so I cancelled Euro thing and then my dealer told me my car would come in by April. Yesterday, I was told my car will be in my hands week of March 24th. Amazing!

Anyone go with the protective film protection? Dealer said $1800 for hood, front, both front side fenders. How does this detract from the paint look?
Old 01-31-2014, 03:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Those are all really nice colors. If I had to pick something other than Phantom, it would've been Estoril Blue. I had a chance to see it on show room flor on a S Q5. Just beautiful. But if you want a really good look, check out this youtube video "Audi RS6 Avant 2013 Estoril Blue ask your questions and what should I do?". Full HD vid...this is the video that sold me on Estoril.

I don't mind the washing, I find it as a way to blow off some steam on a Sunday evening and enjoy a beer with my car!

Let me know if you pull the trigger!
Old 01-31-2014, 03:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by KnightMareA7
Oh that black on carbon looks so menacing. I'm going to trade in my black truck for either an S7 or RS7 but on the fence about color, black is a beautiful but a pain at times. I'm still looking at going with Missano/Daytona/Phantom/Estroil
Those are all really nice colors. If I had to pick something other than Phantom, it would've been Estoril Blue. I had a chance to see it on show room flor on a S Q5. Just beautiful. But if you want a really good look, check out this youtube video "Audi RS6 Avant 2013 Estoril Blue ask your questions and what should I do?". Full HD vid...this is the video that sold me on Estoril.

I don't mind the washing, I find it as a way to blow off some steam on a Sunday evening and enjoy a beer with my car!

Old 01-31-2014, 04:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Talking

Originally Posted by motorguy61
Black is awesome! I ordered Panther Black. I am lucky. Ordered my RS7 on Dec 27th 2013 and asked for European ( Germany ) delivery. Two weeks later my wife got cold feet so I cancelled Euro thing and then my dealer told me my car would come in by April. Yesterday, I was told my car will be in my hands week of March 24th. Amazing!

Anyone go with the protective film protection? Dealer said $1800 for hood, front, both front side fenders. How does this detract from the paint look?
Sounds like it's meant to be yours!

Regarding the protective film...I've looked into this extensively. I have opted for Opti Coat Pro 2.0, which is basically a sealant for the paint, prevents corrosive material from ruining paint. The other, a protective shield would be Xpel Ultimate. Now there are theories ranging from which goes on first, and these are my interpretations..

1) Hard Core: Opti-Xpel-Opti
2) Medium: Opti-Xpel
3) Medium: Xpel-Opti
4) Light: Xpel only

I had the same question you did on effects (looks) of the paint post application, I've got metallic paint, vs you have pure black. I don't think much effect will be seen with pure black because it often times creates a glossy look, however for my metallic look, I'm a bit concerned.

Looking to speak with a well known detail guy from a friend of mine to find out a bit more next week. I'll give you an update when I've got one!

Till then, happy waiting
Old 02-01-2014, 03:37 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Your car is... it is just hawt! :O
Old 02-01-2014, 06:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow -- truly stunning. No question that the black car needs the carbon package. I think the rear view is my favorite, too.
Old 02-01-2014, 06:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Kenshin0930

You made a good decision avoiding the Estoril Blue. While it is a gorgeous color, swirls are almost inevitable. I got my car Opti-coated 2.0 and had swirls after 6 months and that is with me two bucket washing my car properly. There are serious horror stories with this color. The whole car needs to be wrapped in Xpel.

BTW, your car looks badass.
Old 02-01-2014, 06:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Carbon optic is no longer avail from the factory unless you already had an order in.

Quick Reply: MY NEW Phantom Black + Carbon optics RS 7