RS 7 Discussion forum for the Audi RS 7

Sport exhaust sound

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 03:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Sport exhaust sound

Audi offers standard and then sports exhaust options. I've been hunting for a comparison between the sound of the two. I'm assuming that the sport exhaust is quite simply louder. I can find clips of a bunch of after market exhaust systems and the Audi stock but nothing for their sports exhaust. Can someone point me in the direction of a clip or can anybody with the sports exhaust option make one?

Thanks!
Old 04-04-2014, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by awktane
Audi offers standard and then sports exhaust options. I've been hunting for a comparison between the sound of the two. I'm assuming that the sport exhaust is quite simply louder. I can find clips of a bunch of after market exhaust systems and the Audi stock but nothing for their sports exhaust. Can someone point me in the direction of a clip or can anybody with the sports exhaust option make one?

Thanks!
I cannot compare as I have only seen one RS7, mine with a sport exhaust, I do like the exhaust note, it is awesome for sure. I did not get the B&O sound system and the exhaust is all the music I need.
If I get time I will try to figure a way to get a sound clip and post it.
IMHO... worth the $1000
Old 04-04-2014, 04:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have the sport exhaust and it opens up in dynamic mode and under heavy throttle.
Old 04-05-2014, 07:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by awktane

Thanks!
Google and YouTube are your friend:

Click here
Old 04-07-2014, 03:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Vic55
Google and YouTube are your friend:

Click here
Yeop thanks... as though I didn't try that... Now actually go down that list. Quote different things if you'd like. Almost every single review mentions that there's an option of sport exhaust. Therefore every review comes up. Go to youtube. Same deal. If you're going to tell someone to check google... check the results yourself first.

Originally Posted by Lee Moody
I have the sport exhaust and it opens up in dynamic mode and under heavy throttle.
My fear is that it's always going to sound loud I suppose. I don't mind being able to turn it on, or as you said when I hit the throttle opening up a bit. I don't want the full "douche effect" of leaving my house at 2am and waking the neighborhood every time.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Not to worry, it's not loud all the time. Further, it's "tunable" using the MMI in Car-Set Individual...
Old 04-07-2014, 07:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by 60614allroad
Not to worry, it's not loud all the time. Further, it's "tunable" using the MMI in Car-Set Individual...
I assumed, but of course wanted to make sure. I'd still like to know how it sounds in comparison. I'll continue hunting until I make my order! It's odd to me that Audi doesn't do a very good job outlining a lot of the options. I would assume they'd sell better if they were better documented.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I've got the sports exhaust option and here's what I've noticed. Unless you have deliberately engaged "dynamic" or you are in "auto" and depress the accelerator to a degree where the car decides you mean business, the sound is what I expect the normal exhaust should be (although I admit I am speculating here). When in "auto" and you begin aggressively depressing the accelerator, you can hear the point at which the car switches exhaust notes. The best analogy I can give you is it is similar to a modern runabout lake boat that has the "captain's call" switch to open up the exhaust and make the boat louder. Inside the car you can definitely hear the changeover from normal to full-throat exhaust. The only question in my mind is whether or not the non-"dynamic" sound is the same as everyday exhaust sounds from the standard exhaust. I tend to believe it is.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Lee Moody
and man does it sound sooooooo damn good!

my experience is the exhaust note is not that loud when starting the car first thing in the morning...even in dynamic mode. When restarting after making several stops throughout the day, it sounds aggressive - dynamic mode aggressive....lovely.

maybe it has something to do with the engine and oil not being warm yet...