RS 7 Discussion forum for the Audi RS 7

RS7 Performance: Comfort or sport seats?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 05:37 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS7 Performance: Comfort or sport seats?

Hey guys!

I'm about to order an RS7 performance soon but I can not choose between comfort seats and sport seats.

I am currently owning a 2015 A7 BITDI with sport seats but its not as comfortable as my previous A7 with the basic seats only. Or just am I the one who thinks it is not too good for 1hour+ driving?

Please tell me your feedbacks about the massage and ventilation too.

The PRO's for choosing the sport seats again is the alcantara/leder combo with this unique stitching in blue everywhere and the blue/black carbon inlays.

But I choose this car for a minimum of 3-4 years and it is really hard to decide between these options.

All help is appreciated and sorry for opening a new thread!

Tamas from Hungary
Old 04-09-2016, 06:10 PM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Received 517 Likes on 452 Posts

I'll give a very strange response.....
For me....if I wanted comfort seats I'd go for an S8 plus?
Just sayin'....may just be me.
Old 04-10-2016, 09:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have 2016 RS7 with Sports Seats and love them. I think they are very comfortable.

I'm sure the Comfort Seats will be even MORE comfortable since it has massage function...but I just don't like the way they look. They look too "regular" to me. The Sports seats with honeycomb stitching makes the interior of the RS7 Special.
Old 04-10-2016, 04:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

By Sport seats I assume you mean the default seats? If so go with those, they are very comfortable and much more attractive than the comfort seats.

Originally Posted by wizardto
Hey guys!

I'm about to order an RS7 performance soon but I can not choose between comfort seats and sport seats.

I am currently owning a 2015 A7 BITDI with sport seats but its not as comfortable as my previous A7 with the basic seats only. Or just am I the one who thinks it is not too good for 1hour+ driving?

Please tell me your feedbacks about the massage and ventilation too.

The PRO's for choosing the sport seats again is the alcantara/leder combo with this unique stitching in blue everywhere and the blue/black carbon inlays.

But I choose this car for a minimum of 3-4 years and it is really hard to decide between these options.

All help is appreciated and sorry for opening a new thread!

Tamas from Hungary
Old 04-11-2016, 01:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 491 Likes on 335 Posts

It gets a bit confusing because Audi make 4 seats across the A7 range:
  1. Base
  2. Comfort
  3. Sport
  4. S Sport
The Comfort and Sport seat look similar, with the Sport having larger (but non-adjustable bolstering). Both have adjustable headrest, whilst the S Sport seat has the fixed headrest.

But I am guessing, Tamas, that it is the S Sport seat you find uncomfortable. The base seat has almost no bolstering, and feels short under the legs to me.

The S Sport seats do look "right" in an RS7, and the blue thread in the leather stitching and the carbon fibre weave which is a no cost option for the performance model is very cool (assuming it blends with exterior colour).

But if you are going to keep the car for 3-4 years, it doesn't make sense to choose the seat option you have already found in your Bi-Turbo TDI to be less comfortable. You will spend more time sitting in the seat than looking at it. However, apart from the look, not having the S Sport seats with the performance blue elements may affect resale in 3 to 4 years time.

I do not know whether you have the DRC suspension option in Hungary, but that would influence my choice of seat in terms of bolster support.
Old 04-11-2016, 04:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

The rs7 is pretty firm with the larger wheels than the a7 has means less tire and less cushion. So I would hesitate to buy something that made it even more firm. Rs7 default sport seats are pretty comfortable IMO I tried the comfort seats before buying mine and there were a couple more adjustments if I recall but nothing more comfortable to me. The thing that makes the car more firm is the small amount of tire much more so than the seat IMO. So I'd say go with the sport seat unless you have some sort of back problem and actually need the extra ajustment of the comfort seats. Actually if you have back issues a 600hp sports car is going to be rough on it anyway when you get thrown back in your seat accelerating.
Old 04-11-2016, 04:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

And yes to your point if you don't get the special seats it may affect resell. Likely the next owner will wonder what the heck you where thinking! Joking, kind of... Might affect resell but you need to do what's best for you and not worry about the next guy when buying your dream car!
Old 04-11-2016, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Yes Glisse, sorry it was my mistake. I was talking about the S Sport seat. The similar Sport seat was more comfortable for me than the S Sport. I don't have back problems I am 193 cm tall, but Comfort seems to be better for me.

I still didn't decide it yet, but you are both right it may affect resell too.

And the unique performance interior with those blue stitchings and carbon fibre is a huge WOW

DRC is available here yes in the Dynamic Package.

Thank you!
Old 04-11-2016, 03:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 491 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by wizardto
Yes Glisse, sorry it was my mistake. I was talking about the S Sport seat. The similar Sport seat was more comfortable for me than the S Sport. I don't have back problems I am 193 cm tall, but Comfort seems to be better for me.

I still didn't decide it yet, but you are both right it may affect resell too.

And the unique performance interior with those blue stitchings and carbon fibre is a huge WOW

DRC is available here yes in the Dynamic Package.

Thank you!
I have Sport seats in my A7, and S Sport seats in my S5 Cab, but am "only" 183cm. I need to sit with a more upright position with the S Sport otherwise my shoulders feel pushed forward. I don't have this issue with the Sports seats which as you said are a similar profile to the Comfort seat in the RS7 (but without the adjustable bolsters), but these also don't provide as much side bolster grip. So for me, if I was doing a lot of autobahn/autoroute/autostrada/highway driving I would be tempted by the more comfortable seating option, but driving in tighter roads, go for S Sport.

For me, DRC corners much flatter than standard suspension, and so I would only get S Sport seats with DRC, which is why I asked. Although further to winterk80's point on tyre sidewall compliance, I would be a little nervous on the combination of DRC with 30 series tyres.

Whatever decision you take, you will have an impressive car!!
Old 04-22-2016, 03:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I ordered my RS7 with comfort seats. I drive from Kansas City to Vail Colorado several times a year. 10 hours in the car at a time made me choose the comfort seats. I love the massage on the longer trips. If I was not taking the car long distances, I would have gone with the default sport seats. It really just depends on how you are going to use your "rocket ship". That is what RS stands for, isn't it?