RS 7 Discussion forum for the Audi RS 7

RS7 vs. Porsche Panamera

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 02:35 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS7 vs. Porsche Panamera

I will be buying a new performance car soon. Since I love 5-door coups I have not much of a choice. My specific question: Is there a price match between MY19 RS7 and any Porsche Panamera as far as PERFORMANCE is concerned?
Old 05-18-2017, 07:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Audi RS7 vs Panamera Turbo - Personal observations
Old 05-19-2017, 02:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 81 Posts

If you option both cars they way you would buy them, there is a price difference. I cross shopped the S7 against a Panamera GTS. I had been able to have each of them for almost a week of driving and while the Porsche was great it wasn't $40,000 better. I went with the S7. Looking at an RS7 and the Turbo, the price difference is closer to $60,000 when all the options are added.
Old 05-19-2017, 11:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

id imagine a loaded Porsche would go above 200K easy...whereas the RS7 will top out around 180K (for a special audi exclusive etc model).....timeless looks, id go with the RS7
Old 05-19-2017, 11:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default It seems to me that the cars have a different mission...

The RS7 is bigger, has great all-weather capability and has a very useable back seat. I would also add that the square fitment of tires and wheels makes rotation possible. To me, the Panamera is gorgeous and the GTS is the sweet spot in the line. Cost is an important consideration and that includes insurance, maintenance, etc. Surprisingly, when I was cross-shopping my RS5, the 911 was cheaper to insure - despite being $20K higher MSRP.

We were close to leasing a leftover 2016 Boxster GTS last month and there was money on the hood for leftover Panameras as well. The leases, of course, were terrible... but to buy was a great opportunity.

Happy Shopping... very few times in life do difficult decisions have no bad outcomes...

Eric
Old 05-19-2017, 12:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by eric strauss
The RS7 is bigger, has great all-weather capability and has a very useable back seat. I would also add that the square fitment of tires and wheels makes rotation possible. To me, the Panamera is gorgeous and the GTS is the sweet spot in the line. Cost is an important consideration and that includes insurance, maintenance, etc. Surprisingly, when I was cross-shopping my RS5, the 911 was cheaper to insure - despite being $20K higher MSRP.

We were close to leasing a leftover 2016 Boxster GTS last month and there was money on the hood for leftover Panameras as well. The leases, of course, were terrible... but to buy was a great opportunity.

Happy Shopping... very few times in life do difficult decisions have no bad outcomes...

Eric
RS7 is not bigger then Panamera.
It is a better value for the money but is going to be replaced next year, as it is, it's at the end of it's cycle.
Panamera on the other hand was just replaced and is already available at dealers, Turbo S Hybrid with 680HP is coming early Fall and that car will be untouchable by any currently made sedan.
On a budget, I would go for E63S or wait for new AWD M5 or the new RS7 (all 3 cars expected with around 600HP), money no object-Panamera Turbo S is a no brainer and sits at the top with no real competition.
Old 05-19-2017, 09:11 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I look for performance. 0 - 60 mph by real tests - not couscous brochures. Let say if both RS7 and Panamera make it in 3.9 sec - what would be the price difference with basic packages?
Old 05-20-2017, 03:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/rs-...chase-2890089/
Old 05-20-2017, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by absent
RS7 is not bigger then Panamera.
It is a better value for the money but is going to be replaced next year, as it is, it's at the end of it's cycle.
Panamera on the other hand was just replaced and is already available at dealers, Turbo S Hybrid with 680HP is coming early Fall and that car will be untouchable by any currently made sedan.
On a budget, I would go for E63S or wait for new AWD M5 or the new RS7 (all 3 cars expected with around 600HP), money no object-Panamera Turbo S is a no brainer and sits at the top with no real competition.
I guess I should have been more precise (yes they are within an inch of wheelbase and overall length). However, depending on exact model, there is a big weight differential and having sat in both back seats - quite a difference. If the rear room is not an issue, all the better. But then why get a four-door?

Happy Choices

Eric
Old 05-21-2017, 04:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by eric strauss
I guess I should have been more precise (yes they are within an inch of wheelbase and overall length). However, depending on exact model, there is a big weight differential and having sat in both back seats - quite a difference. If the rear room is not an issue, all the better. But then why get a four-door?

Happy Choices

Eric
Panamera has the Executive option that gives you plenty of space in the back, even for a 6ft Plus individual.

Quick Reply: RS7 vs. Porsche Panamera