RS 7 Discussion forum for the Audi RS 7

Will 20" wheels fit the RS7 Performance?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 01:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will 20" wheels fit the RS7 Performance?

I'm think about trading a 2014 RS7 for the new RS7 Competition. My problem is I prefer the ride of 275/35 tires, and I recently spent a pile of money on a set of 20" HRE p101's. The question is: Will my 20 HRE's fit over the huge 16.5" ceramic front disks? I asked this at the LA Auto Show and, of course, nobody knew.

It looks like there's a fair amount of clearance between the calipers and the 21" clown wheels on the car at the show, but that car is the EU version, so who knows. Photo of the RS7 Performance front wheel w/ 21" wheels below.

Old 11-25-2015, 08:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Sell your P101.
Old 11-27-2015, 03:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Answering my own question. Audi.de lets you build an RS7 with ceramic brakes, and also select the 20" wheels. Also the RS7 Performance (with ceramics) can be ordered with 20" winter tire/wheels.
Old 11-27-2015, 07:12 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by RCCurtis
I'm think about trading a 2014 RS7 for the new RS7 Competition.
Curtis: I have at present a order for a '16 RS7. As much as I would like to justify switching the order to the just announced 'Performance' RS7 model, I can't. I am however ordering my RS7 with the optional DRC, not the standard air suspension. So it will have the same handling as the 'Performance', but not the extra temporary boost in power. The latter (along with the ceramic brakes) would be nice to have, but that slight increase in performance doesn't justify to me the higher price for that particular 'Performance' model. But that is just because the uses I envisioned for my RS7. It will serve as a daily driver, not something that I will take to the track. I would like to hear your reasons for considering the switch from a '14 RS7 to the a '16 RS7 'Performance'. I am just curious!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

PS This is not called a 'Competition' model by Audi.
Old 11-27-2015, 09:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

^ Yeah, that was a Freudian slip. I'm too old to compete, but the secret desire must be lurking.

I love our 2014 RS7 because it's so good at everything it does. I like the silent launch that leaves everybody in the dust. I like passing trucks on two lane roads at 120 mph without scaring my wife. I like striking fear in BMW's, and getting approving glances from Ferrari F599's. It's our road trip car, with a spare tire and 4wd, that can go anywhere. almost a perfect car, EXCEPT for the brake dust problem and 3G Connect. I also have another rule: every new car I get has to have more power (and performance) than the last. So the RS7 Performance appears to be my perfect car. Hopefully it will have: 4G LTE, ceramic brakes (no more dust), and 45 more HP (meets my personal requirement). Only negatives: no power-closing doors, slightly harsher ride, and no one-inch suspension raise that's useful for driving over dead bodies frequently found on Los Angeles streets.
Old 11-29-2015, 09:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by RCCurtis
^ Yeah, that was a Freudian slip. I'm too old to compete, but the secret desire must be lurking.

I love our 2014 RS7 because it's so good at everything it does. I like the silent launch that leaves everybody in the dust. I like passing trucks on two lane roads at 120 mph without scaring my wife. I like striking fear in BMW's, and getting approving glances from Ferrari F599's. It's our road trip car, with a spare tire and 4wd, that can go anywhere. almost a perfect car, EXCEPT for the brake dust problem and 3G Connect. I also have another rule: every new car I get has to have more power (and performance) than the last. So the RS7 Performance appears to be my perfect car. Hopefully it will have: 4G LTE, ceramic brakes (no more dust), and 45 more HP (meets my personal requirement). Only negatives: no power-closing doors, slightly harsher ride, and no one-inch suspension raise that's useful for driving over dead bodies frequently found on Los Angeles streets.
In the US, the new RS7 Performance comes standard with soft power closing doors
Old 11-30-2015, 08:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by baileybonds
In the US, the new RS7 Performance comes standard with soft power closing doors
Thanks for correcting that! Don't like to leave bad info here. Dealer told me same today. Now the darn color???
Old 12-12-2015, 06:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

So, I am preparing to order an RS7 Performance as well and like the look of the new 21" wheels but will also want the option to put on 20" wheels for winter or track driving. Unfortunately, I do not see an option for 20" wheels in the new order guide or on the Audi USA website.

Can anyone confirm if the 20" will fit and fit over the ceramics?

Thanks.
Old 12-12-2015, 12:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by hoops25
So, I am preparing to order an RS7 Performance as well and like the look of the new 21" wheels but will also want the option to put on 20" wheels for winter or track driving. Unfortunately, I do not see an option for 20" wheels in the new order guide or on the Audi USA website.

Can anyone confirm if the 20" will fit and fit over the ceramics?

Thanks.
I finally did order the RS7 Performance... and I'm "fairly" certain (better than 50%) that my 20" p101's will fit, based on:

1. My dealer thinks they will. (I know... he just wants to sell a car!)
2. Audi offers 20" winter wheel/tire sets for the car on their .de web site.
3. I could slide my fingers behind the calipers at LA show, so that's 3/4" with 21" wheels, and therefore 1/4" with 20".
4. I made a bunch of measurements and decided there should be enough clearance.
5. Somebody at HRE said they could make 20" wheels that fit.
6. My p101's are 1/8" larger dia at mid-plane than the 20" OEM wheels.

No guarantees... I really want the car so my viewpoint is biased.
Old 12-12-2015, 02:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Don't worry. If they don't fit, you'll know where to send those P101's.

Quick Reply: Will 20" wheels fit the RS7 Performance?