RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

"with a car like that (RS4), you why would you bother with a motorcycle?"

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 05:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "with a car like that (RS4), you why would you bother with a motorcycle?"

I was recently told (by a person who regards himself as a motorcycle enthusiast) "with a car like that (RS4), you why would you bother with a motorcycle?" Personally I don't feel this is true, but I was wondering what you guys thought about this.
Old 09-12-2008, 05:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I guess that might depend on how hard you push your motorcycle.
Old 09-12-2008, 06:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Well, I did sell my K1200RS shortly after picking up the RS4.

Sort of similar...lots of power, both a bit piggish (weight/handling), but lots of thrills.

Some redundancy.
Old 09-12-2008, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: I guess that might depend on how hard you push your motorcycle.

Cars are fun, but nothing beats a motorcycle on a nice twisty backroad. I have gone through lots of bikes, wadded a few abd raced a few. I only have the S4 and I think of selling my current bike alot. Then I take a ride and hear the V twin grumble as I easily hit 100 and I change my mind. By bikes standard it is slow, an RC-51, but it still lays the smackdown on most cars. I had a 04 ZX-10 that was just plain scary. It would SPIN the rear tire at 100...
but I may get an an old fart K sport bike and get rid of the RC.
Old 09-12-2008, 06:18 AM

Default Car vs. Motorcycle - 2 different experiences

Well for me sometimes I need to slow down a little and feel the breeze in your face. My Aprilia Scarabeo 500 does that for me :-)
Old 09-12-2008, 06:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

To help others, please make sure you fill out your organ donor card prior to riding ur 'donorcycle'
Old 09-12-2008, 06:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I've noticed I haven't ridden my motorcycle as much since I got my RS4...

But as much as I love the RS4, It's still a different kind of rush you get from riding a motorcycle. I could never give up the fun of a motorcycle ride.

I've contimplated selling my motorcycle (08' Buell XB12scg) since I got the RS4 but I just can't justify instantly losing about $4,000.00 on the purchase of the bike just because I don't ride it as much.

Just can't compare a motorcycle to a car, like BluDemon said.. "2 different experiences"
Old 09-12-2008, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default riding a motorcycle is not suicide...

most of the horror stories we all hear happen to crazy amateurs doing something stupid like passing in the middle of 2 cars on a highway, riding on the shoulder in traffic, or doing some kind of stunt on public streets.

You just have to be very aware of your surroundings and all times and predict/avoid possible dangers (comes with experience)

But I agree with being an organ donor regardless of auto or motorcycle license.. if your dead and have healthy organs that can benefit someone in need, why not..
Old 09-12-2008, 07:03 AM

Default What ever you drive you have to be smart about it.

Motorcycle drivers and even riders should take a Motorcycle Safety Training course. It was an eye opening experience to learn the physics of riding a bike. The more you know the less chance of you putting yourself in a position to get injured.

Communities need to do more driver education through PSA'a or billboards on motorcycle safety... for the car/truck driver.

#1 excuse of a vehicle driver that runs into a bike.... I didn't see them. It's more like they didn't even look.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default I used to feel the same way, I would not touch a motorcycle, then I did some research...

I actually wanted to prove to me friends that the whole motorcycle thing was suicide. I proved myself wrong instead.

According to the feds, the chances of you being injured (not killed, just injured) in an accident (obviously you have to have filed a report of some kind, police, hospital or otherwise this otherwise there would be no stats) is actually slightly less than dying of cancer, and dramatically less than dying of heart disease.

Then if you look at the reasons why people get killed, more than half die while not wearing a helmet. Also, about half die because they are drunk or high on drugs. More than 80% of the people never took a motorcycle safety foundation course or any other kind of formal training.

Seems like the whole motorcycle thing has gotten a bad reputation without just cause.

Quick Reply: "with a car like that (RS4), you why would you bother with a motorcycle?"