RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

***Don Nguyen | Norcal / Bay Area Vinyl Wrapping Tour - January 1st - 7th, 2017***

Old 12-10-2016, 07:54 AM
Former Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default ***Don Nguyen | Norcal / Bay Area Vinyl Wrapping Tour - January 1st - 7th, 2017***

WannabeRacer.com

I am making plans to be back up in San Francisco / Norcal / Bay Area to do vinyl wrap installations and plasti dip paint jobs between the dates of January 1st - January 7th.

E-mail me at Don@WannabeRacer.com to schedule/reserve your appointment slots. Everything is a first come first serve basis. People who e-mailed me in the past get priority, so if we can't schedule something for you this time, still e-mail me and I will keep you on my priority contact list for the next time I make a trip up to norcal / Bay Area.

For me to process each inquiry as quickly and smoothly as possible, please use the following format below:

Subject title: Norcal January 2017 Trip
Car type and year:
Material finish/color (IE gloss black, carbon fiber, etc):
Part(s) you're looking to wrap:

Visit my website to view more pictures of the various types of services I offer. Even if you do not see a related type of service, feel free to ask, as I may offer it, but I just don't have it pictured/listed: http://www.wannaberacerwraps.com/services/

Days that I will be available for appointments. I am still finalizing the details, but these are the tentative dates that I'll be aiming for.

January 2nd - Monday
January 3rd - Tuesday
January 4th - Wednesday
January 5th - Thursday - Fully booked
January 6th - Friday
There is a *slight* possibility that I may be available either Sunday January 1st and Saturday January 7th as well, but those days are still uncertain right now.

Thanks!
Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 12-10-2016, 07:55 AM
Former Vendor

Overview:
- Gloss black window trim vinyl car wrap

Had some requests for some more close up pictures of the area where the trim meets the rubber weather stripping. For this grey Audi A5 coupe, I blacked out the chrome window trim on the car with my gloss black vinyl material. The owner of the car came out to me from Los Angeles / Torrance area to Anaheim Hills / Orange County to have the vinyl work done. We went with gloss over matte to blend with the tinted windows better and also match the black optics package that Audi now offers on some of their cars.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 12-12-2016, 07:28 PM
Former Vendor

The owner of this white Audi Q5 brought me her car to have me lightly smoke/tint her tail lights with my film. I’ve had a lot of people ask me recently if I have any other shades, but this is actually the only shade I have used and posted pictures of for the past couple of years now. In addition to her tails, I also did the lower bumper reflectors to match the tail lights, but left the upper third brake light alone. She brought her car to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the tinting work done.

Before:

Driver/left side tinted - passenger/right side stock:

After:

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 12-12-2016, 07:28 PM
Former Vendor

I’ve worked on several cars for the owner of this white Audi RS7 sedan in the past. This time he came by to have me vinyl wrap the roof of his RS7 with my gloss black vinyl material to give it the panoramic look. In addition to wrapping the main section/portion of the roof, I also wrapped the smaller rear top hatch part that sits right behind the main section of the roof. This gave it a smooth transition from the roof to the rear glass. The owner of this car came to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 12-16-2016, 07:02 AM
Former Vendor

For this red Ferrari 458 I plasti dipped the front, rear, and top engine lid emblems/badges. I also blacked out the amber portion on his front bumper with my gloss black vinyl. For such a simple change, it really changed the look of the car quite a bit. Since there were no other chrome pieces on the car, after blacking out those chrome badges, it gave the car a sportier and more aggressive look, while cleaning up overall look of the car as well. The owner of this car was local to me and brought his car out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the plastic dip and vinyl work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Old 12-18-2016, 01:18 PM
Former Vendor

I’ve had requests from people to post some more pictures of interiors that I’ve done. This is on a BMW F10 5 series sedan that originally had brushed aluminum/silver trim accents in the car. The interior trim on this car is different than most other cars, since the interior trim pieces have an edging around the trim pieces, which you can see that I left unwrapped in the pictures. Also, most interiors I’ve done in the past were with the 3M dinoc matte carbon fiber material, however, the owner of this car wanted me a finish that was slightly glossier and blacker, so we went with with the 3M 1080 gloss carbon fiber finish. In addition to his interior trim, I also did his rear bumper diffuser piece in the same material. The owner of this car was from Pomona and drove out to me in Anaheim Hills, Orange County to have the work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 12-21-2016, 02:59 PM
Former Vendor

For this black Audi A6 sedan, I actually went out to his location in Newport Beach / Orange County to do some vinyl work on his vehicle. The owner originally requested to simply have the front grill wrapped in gloss black. However, after blacking out he front grill, he also decided if I was able to black out the chrome on top of the door handles and also the chrome window trim. I didn't take pictures of the window trim, since the car was in the garage. However, I did take pictures of the door handles, showing the before and after.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Old 12-23-2016, 02:50 PM
Former Vendor

This is kind of a bigger picture post than usual, but I had multiple requests for more up close pictures and of certain areas that are pictured below. The owner of this white Audi RS5 had me vinyl wrap the roof and also black out the brushed aluminum/chrome window trim on his car with my gloss black vinyl material. The gloss black roof tied in quite nicely with the large sunroof of the car, to give it a full/complete panoramic roof look. Also, just blacking out the chrome around the windows also changed the look of the car quite a bit, even though the mirrors are still silver. The owner of this car drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County from Los Angeles to get the work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 12-27-2016, 01:41 PM
Former Vendor

This is a longer post than usual, but it's because the owner of this white Audi B8 A4 sedan had me vinyl wrap the roof of his car in the 3M 1080 gloss carbon fiber material, lightly tint his tail lights, and had the lower diffuser portion of his rear bumper wrapped in the same 3M 1080 gloss carbon fiber material.

I included a in progress picture of the rear tail lights in one of the pictures with one side being tinted and the other side not tinted, to give you guys a better idea of how the differences are actually like side by side to each other.

It was a bit difficult to get a good picture of the lower rear bumper diffuser with the 1080 3M carbon fiber wrap, but I did what I could to capture the carbon fiber pattern in the material. This is a really nice subtle touch to the rear end of the car, to give it a slightly more aggressive look, while still having it blend in and flow with the rest of the car's factory lines fairly well.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Old 01-01-2017, 08:19 AM
Former Vendor

Overview:
- Tinted / smoked tail lights

I lightly tinted / smoked the tail lights on this black Audi S5 coupe. I tried to take pictures of the tail lights at various angles and lighting, to help give you guys a better idea of how the tint film changes depending on how the light is hitting it. The light shade gives the car a fairly factory / OEM look still, but a nice noticeable change in overall look of the car. The film that I use is designed to mimic the look of how some cars come from the factory with already slightly darker tail lights nowadays. The owner of this car came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County from Pasadena to have the vinyl wrap work done.

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com

Search this Thread