RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

07 rs4-best cold air intake/HID fogs

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 12:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 rs4-best cold air intake/HID fogs

i was just wondering which is the best cold air intake system for my 2007 rs4? and also wanted to get 8k HID fog lights, and also 8k headlights.. any ideas? thank you
Old 09-14-2010, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by rs4 tony
i was just wondering which is the best cold air intake system for my 2007 rs4? and also wanted to get 8k HID fog lights, and also 8k headlights.. any ideas? thank you
As I understand it - some of the RS4 race cars used the OEM intake system as they felt it was optimum for performance
Old 09-14-2010, 07:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Reggie is right. But I have to wonder then, why does the RS5 and R8 - with basically the same motor - have dual-snorkel intakes?

Reality is that we don't have a lot of choices. Gruppe M is the only one I know of. It's beautiful. And very expensive. But the performance improvement is questionable and there have been lots of reported CEL issues.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ELEVENS
Reggie is right. But I have to wonder then, why does the RS5 and R8 - with basically the same motor - have dual-snorkel intakes?

Reality is that we don't have a lot of choices. Gruppe M is the only one I know of. It's beautiful. And very expensive. But the performance improvement is questionable and there have been lots of reported CEL issues.
thank you guys
Old 09-14-2010, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by ELEVENS
...But I have to wonder then, why does the RS5 and R8 - with basically the same motor - have dual-snorkel intakes?
I thought the R8 had virtually no difference in power and torque with only slight give and take here and there as compared to the RS4. Now the RS5, that obviously puts out a bit more power. But I think it has more tweaks than just the intake.

Chip and downpipes with high flow cats has to be a better way to make power in the RS4. Maybe the only way.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JMSIV
I thought the R8 had virtually no difference in power and torque with only slight give and take here and there as compared to the RS4. Now the RS5, that obviously puts out a bit more power. But I think it has more tweaks than just the intake.

Chip and downpipes with high flow cats has to be a better way to make power in the RS4. Maybe the only way.
now let me ask this, is it possible to add a X or H pipe onto a stock exhaust system? and which sounds better? which adds more power?

thanks,tony
Old 09-14-2010, 05:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

now let me ask this, is it possible to add a X or H pipe onto a stock exhaust system? and which sounds better? which adds more power?

thanks,tony
A shallow X pipe is your best bet for gains, but most think the H pipe is slightly better sounding... Magnaflow makes a bolt in X pipe for around 100$ and ECS makes a bolt in(resonator delete) H pipe for 300 IIRC?
Old 09-14-2010, 05:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Winterrunner
A shallow X pipe is your best bet for gains, but most think the H pipe is slightly better sounding... Magnaflow makes a bolt in X pipe for around 100$ and ECS makes a bolt in(resonator delete) H pipe for 300 IIRC?
yea 300... which do you think gets the best sound? performance isnt needed, you can only do the speed limit around town anyways......

http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-B7_RS4...ction/ES11361/
Old 09-14-2010, 06:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

yea 300... which do you think gets the best sound? performance isnt needed, you can only do the speed limit around town anyways......

http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-B7_RS4...ction/ES11361/
and warranty......does it terminate my warranty?
Old 09-15-2010, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

That ECS bolt in pipe looks interesting. It supposedly make the difference between S and non-S more noticeable - cool.

Anybody have any sound clips?

Quick Reply: 07 rs4-best cold air intake/HID fogs