RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

07 RS4 Intake

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 04:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 RS4 Intake

I just purchased a used 07 RS4. Does anyone make a complete intake kit for the car? I was hoping Carbonio did but only for an S4.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by Strange3
I just purchased a used 07 RS4. Does anyone make a complete intake kit for the car? I was hoping Carbonio did but only for an S4.
The best intake out there is already on your car.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Gruppe M

Try a search for suppliers in the US. Expensive but pretty!
Old 07-06-2009, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BluDemon
The best intake out there is already on your car.
Sorry, but I disagree. I have a Gruppe M air intake and I love it. There has been mass discussion on many RS4 forums about the this intakes performance and it really can go both ways.
Although most people who argue that it doesn't do anything, I actually have one and the sound is amazing. I promise.... you will feel it when you rev your car up around 5000 rpm. The only con is how expensive it is.... However, you won't be dissapointed.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

*will argue. Sorry about the typo.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by grendelswr
Sorry, but I disagree. I have a Gruppe M air intake and I love it. There has been mass discussion on many RS4 forums about the this intakes performance and it really can go both ways.
Although most people who argue that it doesn't do anything, I actually have one and the sound is amazing. I promise.... you will feel it when you rev your car up around 5000 rpm. The only con is how expensive it is.... However, you won't be dissapointed.
Thanks I have not come across this make yet. Very much appreciated.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:56 AM

Well there's looks and there's function..... for $1400-1600 or whatever the price is now for an estimated 5hp. I personally don’t see it. But if its looks and sound you’re after I can’t argue with you there but I do think OEM sound is pretty sweet.<O</O
Old 07-06-2009, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default The intake on the RS4 is restrictive......

The RS5 motor is getting 450hp by intake and exhaust mods with an ECU retune. So an intake will likely benefit, but you need exhaust and the ECU retune to realize the potential intake gains
Old 07-06-2009, 10:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So any check engine light issues?
Old 07-06-2009, 01:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Vijay
So any check engine light issues?
Yes. The CEL light is on, however I have been too lazy to get it removed.

I think I need to get an ECU remap, but I was waiting to put an intake and perhaps DP's on.

Quick Reply: 07 RS4 Intake