RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

2009 NYC RS4 Run - Saturday, May 2nd!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 08:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 NYC RS4 Run - Saturday, May 2nd!!!

On Saturday, May 2nd we will be having the 2009 NYC RS4 Run. Last year's run was a huge success and had a great turnout (12 RS4s - Great photos here courtesy of JeffAhn). We are hoping to have the same turnout this year, if not more!

We will be meeting at 9:00am at the Riverside Audi new car showroom in Secaucus, NJ (View Map). Riverside Audi has been very supportive of our group and are welcoming us to their showroom to meet, have some breakfast and get ourselves organized for the drive.

We will ask that all drivers sign liability waivers (thank you, Fluffhead) while at Riverside Audi, prior to the start of the run. It is standard stuff. I will have plenty of copies with me for signing. Anyone who wants to review an advanced copy of the waiver should email me and I will be happy to send one their way.

From Riverside we will drive through the Lincoln Tunnel into Manhattan and enjoy the sound of all or our RS4s echoing together. From there we will wind through Manhattan and through a number of small tunnels and overpasses. We are planning a few stops along the route and, similar to last year, will end the run in Brooklyn for photo taking opportunities at a number of locations and brunch as a group at 1:00.

Please let us know if you will be planning on attending as early as possible by responding to this thread. People are welcome to join at any time, but having a better sense of the size of our group will allow us to plan better for parking at stop locations and arrangements for brunch.

Everyone planning on attending should try to bring:
- RS4
- Walkie-talkies for staying in touch with the group
- EZPass for tolls
- Cameras, if desired

If anybody who is planning on attending has any video skills and would like to take some footage I'm sure it would be a great sight to document.

Rennsport4 and I are looking forward to the day and are really hopeful that we will have a lot of RS4s in attendance. Perhaps the largest gathering of RS4s yet?

If people can only make a portion of the run due to prior commitments that is fine as well. We would, of course, encourage making the entire event, but want to be accommodating to as many attendees as possible. We will be in Brooklyn from noontime onward and would always welcome more cars to join for the photo sessions and brunch at that point. If you think that is a possibility, please email me and we can discuss how best to meet up with the group.

We hope to see everyone on the 2nd!

**Despite how ideal the weather has been these last few days, there is always the possibility of bad weather for Saturday. In the unlikely event of inclement weather we will put up a notice in this thread announcing if the event is being postponed. In that case we have a rain date set of the following Saturday, May 9, 2009**

Last edited by brianja; 04-28-2009 at 04:45 AM. Reason: Added links
Old 04-17-2009, 06:52 AM

I'm in. BTW, is it Rain or Shine?
Old 04-17-2009, 07:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Sounds like an awesome time.

I would love to roll through the boroughs of NYC with you guys but I can't make it due to a wedding. Have Fun Guys!!

That's a great picture of manhattan btw.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thats sucks ill be out of town for business
Old 04-17-2009, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Can't make it, unfortunately.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by RS Maniac
I'm in. BTW, is it Rain or Shine?
I saw your reply on TOF...great!

Good question on the rain/shine. Let me check with Kris on that.

Originally Posted by lunker
I would love to roll through the boroughs of NYC with you guys but I can't make it due to a wedding. Have Fun Guys!!

That's a great picture of manhattan btw.
Originally Posted by xlacrosse
Thats sucks ill be out of town for business
Sorry you guys won't be able to make it. We would have liked to have you both along.

Lunker - Thanks for the comment on the photo. It's an old one that I resurfaced to put in here.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by McQueen993
Can't make it, unfortunately.
Sorry to hear it. Hopefully the next one!
Old 04-23-2009, 12:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Been detailing to get ready for this.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by MrBucket
Been detailing to get ready for this.
Nice! I have to do some of the same.

I'm glad you are making it!
Old 04-23-2009, 05:54 PM
WJM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would love to...
but i will be at NYU till 4pm

Quick Reply: 2009 NYC RS4 Run - Saturday, May 2nd!!!