AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 141 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by titanium08
BMW anyone?
Why?
Old 02-10-2011, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Because, as you are bent over your $70k car for the 8th hour, tediously scrubbing valves for the Nth time (or paying someone for the work), it dawns on you that it will have to be done again and again.

All kinds of stark realizations will surely go through your head. Clarity of thought and even an epiphany or two are quite common.

But for most RS4 owners, it is impossible to kick the super model out of bed, so they keep right on scrubbing.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by silverRS4
Because, as you are bent over your $70k car for the 8th hour, tediously scrubbing valves for the Nth time (or paying someone for the work), it dawns on you that it will have to be done again and again.

All kinds of stark realizations will surely go through your head. Clarity of thought and even an epiphany or two are quite common.

But for most RS4 owners, it is impossible to kick the super model out of bed, so they keep right on scrubbing.
Have you ever owned a BMW? I have owned four in a row. You know the saying "the grass is greener on the other side"? Except in my case, the grass is *really* greener on Audi's side. Your mileage may vary...
Old 02-10-2011, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Nice - Hope mine will look as clean
Old 02-10-2011, 05:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Viken B.
Have you ever owned a BMW? I have owned four in a row. You know the saying "the grass is greener on the other side"? Except in my case, the grass is *really* greener on Audi's side. Your mileage may vary...
http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/200...2008-audi-rs4/

The above link was the deciding factor for me to get the rs

But, a 2011 M3 competition package sedan....the last sedan and v8 being made by BMW is pretty enticing

Curious what you hate about BMW (beside the fact that everything is an option like power seats)

FYI, I hate BMW too, but we all have to admit that they make extremely well balanced/handling cars

Beside the review from above, all the reviews crown BMW as king despite our protest

And do they have to deal with carbon....

Got the car back today and it is 10 times more powerful; feels like different car
Old 02-10-2011, 07:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/200...2008-audi-rs4/
The above link was the deciding factor for me to get the rs
But, a 2011 M3 competition package sedan....the last sedan and v8 being made by BMW is pretty enticing
Curious what you hate about BMW (beside the fact that everything is an option like power seats)
FYI, I hate BMW too, but we all have to admit that they make extremely well balanced/handling cars
Beside the review from above, all the reviews crown BMW as king despite our protest
And do they have to deal with carbon....
Got the car back today and it is 10 times more powerful; feels like different car
Who said anything about hating BMW? I just had many bad reliability problems with all of them. The dealer was almost my second home. Aside from that, I happen to dislike the Bangle styling direction they have taken and prefer Audi's. Besides, when I bought my RS4, there was no E90 M3 and the E46 was not up to snuff for me. At any rate, all my four Audi's have been super reliable and I have yet to experience the carbon issue on my RS4. I figure it is better to deal with the carbon cleanup every so many miles than make regular weekly visits to the dealer. Once again, your mileage may vary...
Old 02-16-2011, 03:29 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

BMW anyone?
What is the process in cleaning out the carbon?
Old 02-16-2011, 06:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

12-14 hours of dirty, back-breaking labor, or pay somebody around $1000-$1400 to do the dirty work for you.

I, and several others contacted Audi with pictures of the carbon mess and before-after dyno runs. Don't expect any sympathy or warranty honoring from the Audi Mothership either, despite the motor you paid $25,000 extra for to get an additional 80HP over the "S" model. You're guaranteed to be down 25-40WHP, but unless your car is so coked up that it is throwing codes (Check Engine Light), Audi will tell you that there never was any carbon problems with their FSI motors. They sure know how to send their customers packing.

Last edited by ELEVENS; 02-16-2011 at 06:15 PM.

Quick Reply: AFTER PHOTOS