RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Any RS4's for sale?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any RS4's for sale?

Sounds like they are now approved for import into Canada.

Does anyone know of RS4's for sale at dealers? I see there are two of them on eBay...

Thanks

Mick
Old 07-25-2006, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

how much are you willing to pay. For the right price, I would sell mine
Old 07-25-2006, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default They are for sale in Canada...

...the problem will be finding one. There was one available in Ontario about 2 weeks ago; there was a post on here about it. I'll see if I can find it.

I haven't been able to get an exact production number, but I've heard anywhere from 87 to 100 cars for 2007 model year. So, a dealer could probably place an order for you if you're willing to wait, but you might not get a 2007 car.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default they're 30+% more expensive in Canada

When all said and done. This is due to the huge increase in value of the Canadian dollar and the fact Audi (and most German manufacturers) price to market, not to the varying exchange rates.

I let my RS4 go in Canada when it arrived, as they wanted 102k CAD (plus 14% tax of course) and a lousy residual on the lease.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Check www.riv.ca re 2007 RS4**

Hi M.

You'll definitely want to find out what the hassle/cost/warranty factors are for having to modify the bumper(s) on the U.S.-version car before you can license it in Canada.

It may be something simple, but it'd be a real drag to get the car here to find you need $5k in parts and $2k in labour to get it "street-ready".

I was also hoping to import, but at the time there was no info on whether the car was admissible and AoA was mum about what the outcome would be. In the end (as you know) I could not wait for the decision and got lucky enough to find one locally.

From the Registrar of Imported Vehicles Canada.

(1) The two asterisks (**) indicate that the vehicle in question is admissible for importation but will require modifications to the existing bumper(s) before the vehicle can be registered and licensed. Some vehicles can be readily modified by substituting Canadian parts for the US parts. Some vehicles cannot be readily modified and may require comprehensive and expensive modifications as well as a bumper test, as stated in CMVSS 215, to determine compliance with the Canadian standard.

Cheers, Karl
Old 07-25-2006, 09:49 AM

holy Canada..
Old 07-25-2006, 09:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default A few issues with importation...

The RS4 is listed with the ** warning in the RIV admissibility list, which means that modification will have to be done to the bumpers. It may be as simple as exchanging them for Canadian ones, it may be as painful as replacing the whole sub-structure.

I could be wrong on this, but from everything I've heard, it is unlikely that Audi will honour your warranty, as they have no legal obligation to do so.

Anyway, I would check everything out and have it priced before making the plunge, you may find the difference isn't worth the hassel.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default i seriously doubt the US RS4 and the CDN RS4 bumpers are different...

just simply b/c given the low volume of RS4s that are going to be sold in Canada i highly doubt Audi would go through the trouble of making both CDN and US crash-specific bumpers as opposed to one set of fron and rear bumpers meeting both US and CDN crash requirements...

i guess it would just be a matter of accessing ETKA and finding out the part numbers for both, which i anticipate to be the same.

i also suspect the RS4 is currently listed with the "**" b/c they haven't yet assessed/verified that the bumpers are the same or not... and given the price difference btw the US and Canada, Audi has certainly no interest in telling anything about how compliant the US model is to CDN requirements...

and then again... i could be completely wrong...
Old 07-25-2006, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Warranty coverage confirmed with AoA

I called them
Old 07-25-2006, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default This is not new...

... many Audi models in the past had the same issue.

Here are some examples of U.S. Audi cars absolutely NOT admissible into Canada (for various reasons).
- 1998 TO 2001 A4 WAGON & A4 WAGON QUATTRO
- 2000 TO 2004 & 2006 TO 2007 A6 SEDAN (V-8 ENGINE)
- 2000 TO 2002 S4
- 2002 TO 2004 S6 (WAGON)
- 2003 & 2004 RS6

Then you have Audi comments like:
- VW OF AMERICA INFORMS US THAT SOME 2000 TT
- MODELS REQUIRE CHANGING THE SEAT BACK FOR
- TETHER ANCHORAGE MODIFICATIONS. IMPORTER SHOULD
- VERIFY WITH VW OF AMERICA. BEFORE BRINGING
- VEHICLE TO CANADA. THE MODIFICATION MAY BE
- EXPENSIVE.

So, without knowing exactly what the required changes are up front, and AoA is not terribly cooperative in providing that info in detail, you could be in for a rough ride getting a US-Audi onto Canadian roads.

In contrast BMW importation is easy (I imported my 2001 M Coupe from NY). The only BMW listed as not admissible is the 1994 & 1995 850 CSi. The same is true for Porsche. Go figure...

Maybe it's AoA playing car politics, but who knows for sure?

--
Cheers, Karl

Quick Reply: Any RS4's for sale?