RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

anyone feel DRC doesn't belong on a car like RS4?...

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 08:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone feel DRC doesn't belong on a car like RS4?...

what does it stand for, dynamic ride control? I can see it making sense on the S/RS6 and S8, but the RS4?
Old 01-27-2007, 03:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Makes perfect sense to me - I love it! Flat cornering w/ a compliant ride.

I realize it's vogue to bash the DRC system (especially the guys that replaced it with expensive aftermarket systems) but for a factory setup with a warranty, it rocks IMO. Hell, mine doesn't even leak! ...yet.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I love it but have noticed a popping/clunk if the.......

windows are down when I make a fast hard right. It sounds as though it is coming from under the car. I am assuming that it is some sort of valve controlling the fluid as it shifts through the DRC system. It was very noticeable on the Tail of the Dragon as the turns are all coming very quick and non stop. The strange thing is it only happens if I make a hard left immediately followed by a right.
Old 01-27-2007, 04:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default As a daily driver it seems to cover all the bases for me...

If/when I add exhaust I will probably go with the Stasis setup, but I am so far very impressed with the DRC in my car. I am not saying it is the best out there, only that it covers the comfort/performance envelope of "my" driving very well.
Old 01-27-2007, 04:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Agree with ELEVENS on everything. Track setup may be different, but I do not track my car.
Old 01-27-2007, 05:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Vouge to bash DRC? Nah...

If you are using it as a "daily driver," and you're not a TUNER FREAK it's fine.

Maybe if the RS4 was a coupe, then it might not be the best sales gimmick... I don't know.

I love my StaSis/Ohlins suspension... I love it x2 since it's on my Allroad too. I'd put one on my Evo, but I already have Bilstien PSS9's on it, and my 10 year old says it's her favorite car: 1. Because it has the PS2 in it
2. Because it doesn't have as firm a ride as my other cars.

I noticed the 'flaws' in the DRC more than I noticed the benefits, that's all. It's personal...
Old 01-27-2007, 05:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I think it does belong.......

We have to remember that this is a luxury performance sedan, not a pure sports car. On-road ride is a factor, and I haven't ever driven a car that came from the factory with a better ride/handling balance.

One could better argue that DRC doesn't belong on a car like the R8 or the upcoming TT-RS, but the RS4 is still an upscale sedan, albeit a very capable one.

In choosing the RS4, I did want a certain level of luxury and comfort in the car I was buying.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:33 AM

Default Re: Makes perfect sense to me - I love it! Flat cornering w/ a compliant ride.

I thought it cornered flat too, until I got the Ohlins, then I realized what flat cornering and zero dive were all about. The transformation is nothing short of amazing.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Yes, but at the expense of ride comfort. With 19" wheels and stasis can't imagine the car being

very forgiving on any bumps in the road. I have stasis tracksports and they are amazing as far as flat cornering and dive but make no mistake its at the expense of ride comfort. That said I have 17" wheels and the roads in Colorado are notoriously crappy.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default I agree. In a recent review of the S6, Audi was praised for it's well engineered...

use of springs, coils, and sways without the use of the DRC. I prefer a well tuned suspension to some of these toys. Porsche and BMW do a good job of this.

Quick Reply: anyone feel DRC doesn't belong on a car like RS4?...