RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Anyone get their iPhone to sync with the RS4 yet?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 07:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Anyone get their iPhone to sync with the RS4 yet?
Old 06-29-2007, 07:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Haven't tried yet. Too tired and a little drunk so maybe tomorrow. Awesome little device though...

dare I say, worth the $600
Old 06-29-2007, 08:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Anyone get their iPhone to sync with the RS4 yet?

The bluetooth works, but I cannot get the address book to sync. It is late and I need to get some sleep. I will try again in the morning.

Cheers
Old 06-29-2007, 11:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default haven't tried yet with either car.

the guys at the apple store did some searching on the web and found a document stating it would NOT pair because it uses some sort of proprietary bluetooth and will require a car kit adapter from apple (which of course isn't available yet). i bought it anyway....pretty much the coolest thing i've seen in a long time. it makes my 1st gen iPod seem Cro-Magnon era in comparison.

i'll try to pair it tomorrow and see how accurate that info really is.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default it really is amazing.

within 2 minutes of activating it, I was on my hospital's website looking at postop xrays of a patient I did surgery on earlier today...unreal.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default that's good news! sync-ing the address book is a weird thing.

when I first got the car, it took about 15-20 minutes of driving for my RAZR address book to sync (and I only had about 10 contacts)...my wife's STILL won't sync (she has a MOTO SLVR).
Old 06-30-2007, 04:23 AM

Default all phones are different

depending on the bluetooth protocol that they come with

for example, A2DP is needed on both the bluetooth device and the receiver for streaming music, AVRCP (or something like that) is needed for the bluetooth to accept commands from a bluetooth transmitter

the iPhone for obvious reasons has not come with the A2DP protocol which almost all new phones come with. this provides a purpose for people to keep buying docking products....apple has their reasons for everthing.

if the iphone did everything perfectly the way it came, then there would be no reason to buy accessories...think about it

looking forward to getting one though..seems very cool
Old 06-30-2007, 04:40 AM

Default Re: it really is amazing.

I'm writing this from the phone. It is a very cool device . The blackberry does a little better in terms of typing and setence recognition .

Vey cool though
Old 06-30-2007, 08:42 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
Default BMW on the other hand embraced the iPhone with a press release

It's the kind of innovative approach you would expect from BMW.

In 2004, BMW was the first to integrate the iPod into BMW vehicles and have customers take full control of their music on the road. So it seemed only logical that BMW be among the first to ensure iPhone owners have the same ability to enjoy their music, plus the added benefits of Bluetooth® hands-free calling across our model line. We are pleased to announce that BMW owners can use their iPhone in this way from day one.

Please see the detailed compatibility information below.

Copyright © 2007 Apple Inc. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod and iPhone are trademarks or registered trademarks of Apple Inc.

DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY:
The iPhone functions with BMW vehicles equipped with BMW Assist with Bluetooth® handsfree-calling as of the date of testing and meets or exceeds minimum standards established by BMW of North America ("BMW"). This is not a warranty for phone performance or functionality. BMW makes no guarantees or warranties as to the performance of any phone while connected to your BMW via Bluetooth® Wireless Technology. Furthermore, software releases by BMW, the phone supplier or the wireless carrier dated after testing might alter compatibility results.

Access to the iPod (or the iPod application of the iPhone) via the vehicle controls and central information or radio display is only possible on cars equipped with iPod/USB interface. The iPod/USB interface is available on 3 and 5 Series with 03/07 production, the X5 with 04/07 production and the 6 Series with 09/07 production date. Further details will be available shortly. In the meantime please contact BMW of North America's Customer Relations Department at 1-800-831-1117 for further details.
Old 06-30-2007, 01:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

thats funny

Quick Reply: Anyone get their iPhone to sync with the RS4 yet?