RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Anyone had luck with the Motorola SLVR in their car?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 07:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone had luck with the Motorola SLVR in their car?

So far it recognizes the phone well and allows me to make and receive calls with aplomb (that was for TTBrit), but it does not see my phone book.

Incidentally I am convinced that the SLVR is setting up the Laser alert in my Beltronics RX65, when the phone is right up close to it. Not a problem since I just keep the phone nowhere near the window dash, I noticed it the other day when I removed the detector momentarily.
Old 08-19-2006, 07:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Copy phone entries from SIM card to SLVR's internal phone book.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:10 PM

Default You have to do that every time you pdate your phonebook?

Or once? And how is this done? Sorry I am coming from years of CDMA phone usage, never had a GSM phone until now.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:45 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default It's kind of a pain to do if you don't have a tool like Motorola Phone Tools software

Go to the address book, click the middle menu button, slect copy. Then do a copy Sim to phone. This will put all your entries in the phone memory instead of the SIM.

This will also unfortunatly put duplicate entries on our phone unless you go through and delete them from the sim. This is the bad part, unless you have the software to manage the phone via a PC. You will have to delete the entries you don't want (SIM) one at a time manually.

I think from this point on it will automaticly put new entries into the phone memory instead of the SIM.

But you can select this when you enter new phone numbers... just watch for the setting.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default GSM phones...

typically have two directories, the default one is in non-volatile RAM, the other is on the SIM card. With a little investigation, you will find you can copy all your current phonebook entries onto the SIM. Once you have done that, the MMI Telephone capability will recognize that your SIM has data on it and will give you the option to IMPORT those entries.

I am not sure about the baby MMI in the RS4 but the MMI in the A6 and A8 behave as described above and they can also directly access the entries on the SIM when the phone is paired. Not sure about the Moto phone but my SE phonebook entries do not map correctly and require editing after IMPORT. I could go on about the details but this quickly gets incredibly boring. Check out the Telematics Forum for more info.<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/telematics/">AudiWorld Telematics Forum</a></li></ul>
Old 08-20-2006, 10:46 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

You don't have Verizon by chance?
Old 08-20-2006, 11:38 AM

Default Nah, its a GSM phone with Cingular

I just switched from 8 years of CDMA with Verizon/Sprint...
Old 08-20-2006, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

OK - verizon has a know issue with the phone book on sync with bluetooth.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default It's not an issue, it's on purpose. Verizon cripples a lot of the bluetooth functionality on their

phones. The bastards want us to use their pay-per-use services instead of bluetooth. This is why I want to switch to Cingular.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I don't think RNS-E can read from the SIM at all.

I've seen many GSM people have asked about this issue, with different brands of phones, and the solution is always to copy the phone entries over.

If someone know how to make RNS-E read from the SIM card please post up &amp; let us know.

Quick Reply: Anyone had luck with the Motorola SLVR in their car?