RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Anyone know more about the MTM Single Mass Flywheel

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 03:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know more about the MTM Single Mass Flywheel

for the RS4, sounds like a good mode?

and why is there almost no information about RS4 uppgrades om MTM's homepage? where is this flywheel? info about the SC? "not selling it before 15 000miles"? yeah right! a friend was there last week and they had two RS4 there on the lift getting the supercharger installed and the "tour guide" sad that they installed up to four RS4 SC every week! what about that?<ul><li><a href="http://forums.fourtitude.com/zerothread?id=3311693">http://forums.fourtitude.com/zerothread?id=3311693</a</li></ul>
Old 07-28-2007, 03:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default MTM's web site sucks big time! You cannot rely on it for any info. They just don't seem to care...

Too much about keeping it current with their latest offerings of making sure the english version is actually readable and makes sense.
It's a darn shame.

As for the SC for the RS4, they said that they wanted more time and mileage on the kit prior to its official release to make sure all bugs (if any) were worked out. As a matter of fact they were not even sure if they were going to release it for the RS4 but make it available only for the R8. However perhaps some customers in Europe have pushed MTM to sell their kit to them and perhaps some strings are attached to it.

In any case I will try to find out all the info available on the RS4 single mass flywheel for you. It may take several days to get this info but I will ask.
Old 07-28-2007, 04:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default From what I've heard, Hoppen is a completely dysfunctional organization.....

I'm not even sure how they manage to stay in business in this country. Likewise, I'm not certain why MTM maintains a business relationship with them, although this is probably related more to Roland Mayer's long time friendship with Joe Hoppen more than anything else.

Too bad. MTM is the gold standard. If they had a better importer in the US, they could do quite well.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I get my info from MTM Canada. Now an UPDATE on the SC and the single mass flywheel...

I have just talked to MTM Canada and he will inquire about the single mass flywheel for the RS4.

Also he told me he got some official news from MTM on the SC and he will forward it to me soon. I'm sure the price is way up there and they are changing some design to it but I will know more when I get the "official" press release.

Please stand by!
Old 07-28-2007, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default I agree with that, but MTMs communication is just as bad....

It is nothing to wait 2 months for them to get a $5 part to you that is custom to MTM all the while the customers car sits apart. They make the best of the best equipment and programming but ANY company trying to distribute for them is not going to find it an easy task.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:55 AM

yes that's true.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:57 AM

you da man Jet Jock! let me know when u here more about the flywheel.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Wilco.
Old 07-28-2007, 01:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

let us know
Old 07-29-2007, 11:58 AM

Default Re: MTM's web site sucks big time! You cannot rely on it for any info. They just don't seem to care.

The S4 supercharger kit runs for over $23,000. OUCH!!!!! Figure about 25,000 for the RS4 kit. They're taking non-refundable 10K deposits on the RS4 kit now.

Insane. Just keep the money and buy a brand new R8 instead- or wait a year or two until they drop the Gallardo V10 into the next gen R8.

Plus, the supercharger probably invalidates your warranty.

Quick Reply: Anyone know more about the MTM Single Mass Flywheel