RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Anyone want to give feedback on XM radio to the Chairman of XM?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone want to give feedback on XM radio to the Chairman of XM?

This is going to be fun. I'm hiring a guy, who just gave me a name and number of a reference, and the reference is Gary Parsons, Chairman of XM radio.

I'm a Sirius subscriber, so I don't have any complaints on XM. Anyone have anything they wish to say to Gary? Not sure if I'll actually do it, mind you, but I just thought I'd check to see what someone might say if they had the chance...

And no, I won't give you the number.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default yeah, tell him....

Howard rules, XM drools.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Love my XM - I would say XM newsletter is not very inviting for listing the weeks

schedule.

I like their programming a lot. I think their emphasis on Ophra is wrong - women do not buy XM men do - Not a Howard fan(Use to be but he just got old) but Siruis was right to get him though the money probably was way too much and may be their downfall.

I also think that XM blew it when they let Audi focus on Siruis and drop XM.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default the difference is, Howard has brought enough new subscribers to cover his salary.

almost 3 Million new subscribers. at $13/month that's $468M per year....and that's not including hardware sales. Howard's getting $100M/year.

XM is paying Oprah $18M/year for a 1 hour/week show....on an hourly basis, they're paying her a LOT more than Sirius pays Howard.
Old 11-02-2006, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Funny, I cancelled all of subscriptions to Sirius, because of Howard Stern

I refuse to give money to such a low-life piece of Sh_t.
Old 11-02-2006, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default and then...

kick him in the shins!
Old 11-02-2006, 09:30 AM

Default And for every one of you, a dozen people who believe in free speech are glad to give Sirius money.

I'm not a fan of Howard myself. I just don't find his show entertaining. But I'll sure as hell support a radio network who believes in his right to be on the air and his fans' right to hear what they want.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I don't think I was challenging his 1st amendment right. I just don't believe in putting a pervert

on the air. Maybe you think it's great for kids to listen to someone like him, but I personally don't support a misguided perv like Stern. I don't find his humor cute or funny.

That's great that you support his freedom of speech. So do I. I'm just not going to support the company who put a foul-mouthed uneducated moron on the air.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Agreed
Old 11-02-2006, 09:57 AM

Default Oh it's not even a first amendment issue...

The first amendment protects speech from being limited by the government, not by the rest of us.

If you don't believe in putting a pervert on the air, I'd think you would support him leaving the free, easily-tunable analog airwaves and going digital, where a special subscription and special equipment are required and where parental controls exist. If anything, that helps create a scenario you would advocate if you really support his right to speak his mind.

I agree with you about his humor. I've listened to his show a couple of times over the years and it does absolutely nothing for me. I just think it's very important that anyone, no matter how distasteful he might be, has the opportunity to speak his mind, and that's why I support Sirius.

Quick Reply: Anyone want to give feedback on XM radio to the Chairman of XM?