RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Audi of America contacts

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 12:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi of America contacts

Hi, guys.

As some of you already know I have the synchro broken and my Audi dealer tells me that it's covered only for 12K/1 year. It sounds pretty much like a scam from a reputable automobile manufacturer.

Everyone I spoke with so far (including the dealer) think that it's ridiculous especially for such a high end car. First of all it should not brake!!! The second, if Audi advertises the warranty they should commit to it.

I'm looking for Audi of America representative contacts. I'd like to talk about this issue and hopefully convince them that it's not the best marketing technique.

Otherwise I'm looking at 5K+ in repairs for a "fully" warranty covered car...
Old 08-31-2009, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

ask them to show you that in writing...
look in your warranty book
ask them for a copy of the written warranty

in my warranty book I can find no exception for synchros...
if not excluded, it's covered by the 4 yr/50k mile warranty
unless they can prove it was done by abuse/misuse
are they saying it was damaged by abuse?

email them
put everything in writing, make them do the same, no phone calls
honestly, you're going to need a lawyer to enforce your rights

http://www.audiusa.com/us/brand/en/a...tact_audi.html

Last edited by ArthurPE; 08-31-2009 at 05:52 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

sound words Arthur
Old 08-31-2009, 08:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks a lot for your advices, help and moral support!!!

I spoke with a lady at Audi Customer Care (or whatever it's called). She was very nice to me and told me that she's going to talk to the dealer. However, she said she can't guarantee that it's going to be covered.

She confirmed that 12K/1y warranty is for the clutch. Not a single word about synchronizers.

She promised to get back to me within 2 days. I hope with the positive decision. Otherwise, I think I'm going to start building the case against them.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The clutch yes, if you step off the clutch at 3500 it's like being fired from a rocket, I wouldn't expect a long warrenty on the clutch. The synchromesh has no thrill from hard/bad shifting, only the urge to improve your style, and it takes quite a while to wear down the synchro grooves in my experience, I can't imagine there will be an issue. Good luck.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by GotRS?
The clutch yes, if you step off the clutch at 3500 it's like being fired from a rocket, I wouldn't expect a long warrenty on the clutch. The synchromesh has no thrill from hard/bad shifting, only the urge to improve your style, and it takes quite a while to wear down the synchro grooves in my experience, I can't imagine there will be an issue. Good luck.
I've driven manual all my life. I drive hard, but shift very carefully. I don't remember any single bad jerky shifting on my RS4. I tend to do gear braking though, which I stopped doing after this starting to happen...

Anyway, I honestly don't think I caused this problem. I purchased the car with 4K on it, so the previous owner might've done something to the gearbox. But again, as you said, it takes a while to kill it unless there was a manufacturing defect.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Obormot
Thanks a lot for your advices, help and moral support!!!

I spoke with a lady at Audi Customer Care (or whatever it's called). She was very nice to me and told me that she's going to talk to the dealer. However, she said she can't guarantee that it's going to be covered.

She confirmed that 12K/1y warranty is for the clutch. Not a single word about synchronizers.

She promised to get back to me within 2 days. I hope with the positive decision. Otherwise, I think I'm going to start building the case against them.
the clutch makes sense...the synchros are not the clutch, or part of the clutch assembly...sounds like they are trying to scam you....

get a name whenever you talk to someone, note the time/date and a brief description of the discussion...I like to follow-up with email and state my undertsanding of the discussion, and ask them to correct me if wrong...
if they don't correct you it implies (and may be admissable in court) that your version is accurate...takes a few minutes but may prove invaluable...

they way to read her response: the clutch isn't covered, but the synchros are...
your dealer said it's the synchros, so therefore they they are warranted...
spring that on him

Last edited by ArthurPE; 09-01-2009 at 03:12 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thank you, guys, again!
I will try to fight!