RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Audi Club NA and sponsors...Track Day Fan Mail & Report

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 10:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Club NA and sponsors...Track Day Fan Mail & Report

Dear ACNA:
I'm an Audiholic. I've been under the influence for about a year now. After driving other RS4's on the track, it was a pleasure to get back out there in an RS4.

With that said, I just wanted to thank you for hosting the Buttonwillow Audi Club event this weekend. It was well organized and very successful.

Hits:
Decent lunch, plenty of water and drinks/snacks;
Good organization;
Great people...not an ego in the house;
Great spokespeople...especially Paul from Stasis;
Good sized crowd...certainly not too big;
It was nice to allow other cars to be there...the odd WRX, a GT3, some Vettes and BMW's. Always nice to run against competitive marquees.

Misses:
Speaking selfishly...how about a track day at Fontana/California Speedway?

REPORT:
The event was held at Buttonwillow Raceway, 2 hrs north of LA. Temps were hot, but not roasting. About 90 cars or so on Saturday.

$395/day entry fee...but that gets you one on one with the same instructor all weekend. Each session is 30 minutes. You run in A, B, or C class with each class having 10-25 cars. You get 4 sessions per day. You have to be an Audi Club member, $44/yr.

There were four other RS4's there, but only 3 ran.

Stasis' Audi A3 was INCREDIBLY fast and handled unbelievably well.

I was there with Hotchkis, trying out sway bars for the RS4. With my KW coilovers and the Hotchkis bars, my limitations in the RS4 are tires and brake pads. Both are being changed.

The Michelin Pilot Sports did well, much better than expected but still didn't give the car the traction you'd find from a race tire. Of course, being all season UHP tires, what did I expect?

For those of you considering tracking your RS4, here are the mods you want to look at:
Brake pads
Stickier tires...may have to switch to 18 inch wheels for a better range of sizes;
Suspension: Coil overs and sway bars are a must.

Lots of other fast Audi S4's out there and overall, a great event.

A few pictures can be found on my slideshow here:<ul><li><a href="http://www.slide.com/r/iSqmpJjr4T-p7hL3FmyMvQ_zoTjAH6_h">http://www.slide.com/r/iSqmpJjr4T-p7hL3FmyMvQ_zoTjAH6_h</a</li></ul>