RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Audi RS4 Owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi RS4 Owners

Hello Everyone, just secured an allocation for a 2008 RS4 phantom black with silver interior. I am truly excited as this will be my second audi (2002 audi a6 2.7t six-speed manual)

I was just curuious as to the demographics of RS4 owners, meaning what professions are you all in and your income range. I am a systems administrator and income range of 70-80 K

Thanks!
Old 09-17-2007, 05:02 PM

Default I believe that there's an Audi owner demographic brochure

floatin' around. It includes some info about RS4 owners (and Audi's perceived view of their demographic qualities).

With respect to professions and income, you're probably just going to get a lot of smart *** answers. . .

Enjoy your car!
Old 09-17-2007, 05:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default as of last year, their expected target demographic was....

male
$250k+ annual income
Old 09-17-2007, 05:48 PM
gtc
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Don't Do It. The cost of the car should not equal your total income, or even come close to it. :(

Unless you've owned a car in this price range before, it is probably the case that however you might <i>think</i> it would feel to own this car, your estimate is way off.

Then you would have to worry about giving it up and take a huge hit ~20k not to mention the blow to the ego.

As a rule of thumb, the car you own should not cost much more than half of your income (and that is if you REALLY love cars), otherwise you are asking for trouble.

You can back out now relatively unscathed, but once you plunk down the money, the sales tax, gas guzzler tax, and depreciation is gonna hit like a ton of bricks.

Quattro power + 420hp 0-60 4.2 seconds is not gonna outrun the interest rate on the principal of your car loan.

Sorry I cannot be more supportive, but you asked a serious question and I am giving you a serious answer from my perspective of someone who is not a millionaire and who has expenses in life other than my car.

Have you considered an STI, Evo, 335, or even a Lotus.

Whatever you decide, best of luck.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thats the RS4 demographic according to audi ?
Old 09-17-2007, 06:02 PM
gtc
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default This may be the link that McGyver is referring to.

And this is the thread the link came from.

<a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/rs4b7/msgs/55325.phtml">Age of RS4 owners</a><ul><li><a href="http://www.jdpower.com/autos/audi/rs4/2007">Audi RS4 Buyer Demographics</a></li></ul>
Old 09-17-2007, 06:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I live....

in my RS4...
I saved and saved all year long, now i can live a happy life in my own little RS4. When I die, i hope they strap me in the drivers seat, put a brick on the accelerator, and help me do a "Thelma and Louise" off my favourite cliff
Old 09-17-2007, 06:34 PM

Default rule of thumb i've heard before ...

is that your monthly car payment (not including expenses such as gas, insurance, maint, etc) should be no more than 20% of your NET monthly income. Obviously that's a rough metric, and your other monthly expenses should be taken into account when determining the budget.

Not knowing anything else about your financial situation, I would think 70-80k/yr would be VERY tough to afford this car.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default How much to spend on a car

I almost hate to wade in here, because I agree you will get a lot of smart-*** responses. I am 60 yers old, a car lover &amp; always have been. I have owned, and can now afford pretty much anything I want and I drive an RS-4(among other things).

When I was young &amp; poorer, I spent twice my annual income on a car I loved (kept it for 10 years) and never regreted it for an instant.

BUT, I was single, had no house payment, was an "upwardly mobile" professional, etc., etc.

Go with your heart, but be guided by your head!

All the best.

Bob
Old 09-17-2007, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I think that is their expected "average"...

Quick Reply: Audi RS4 Owners