RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Autocross Video

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 08:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Autocross Video

I purchased this 2007 RS in March with Milltek cat back exhaust, Alcon front brakes, Stasis Motor Sports Suspension with 700 lb front and 1200 lb rear springs, and Michelin PS2 255/35/R19 tires. The following is a video from Autocross in May in which the car placed 10th that day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCOHBeAvALI

If this link does not work you can check out 2photors4 on Youtube and see some of the other cars.

Since then, I have upgraded the springs to 850 lb front and 1300 rear, added a Hotchkis rear 29 mm adjustable sway bar, lowered the car to 25 5/8 inches and replaced the tires with 275/30/R19 Bridgestone RE11's. There was a little rubbing which resolved with the stiffer springs.

The car is still a comfortable daily commuter but corners almost flat.

The following is the Video from Autocross yesterday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De9aBN91t60

The AWD cars had the advantage because the track was wet when we started but was fairly dry by the afternoon. The car had the second fastest time of the day. It was faster than than two BMW M3's and a Nissan GTR on sticky tires. Other drivers regularly comment on how good the car sounds and there are a number of good sounding cars there.

The car still understeers a little. I may tighten the adjustable rear sway bar.

I love the way I can race in the morning, take the family to the movies in the afternoon, and throw 2 hockey bags into the back to play hockey with the guys that night.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

does the change of front brake really help?
doesn't rs4 calipers have after market pads for upgrading if you do lapping?
are they the same diameter discs?

just curious
thx

the suspension set up seems great have you tried just the swaybar befor changing the suspension?
Old 10-04-2010, 05:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by newfinish
does the change of front brake really help?
doesn't rs4 calipers have after market pads for upgrading if you do lapping?
are they the same diameter discs?

just curious
thx

the suspension set up seems great have you tried just the swaybar befor changing the suspension?
I purchased the car with the front brakes already replaced so I don't know what the difference feels like. I believe the rotors are 14.5" wich is about the same size as stock (14.4"). A friend from autocross told me about an audi with the stock drilled rotors who had a number of cracks spreading from the holes in the rotors after autocrossing. I don't why this waould happen because the stress on brakes in autocross is usually less than on the track.

I am using the standard Alcon brake pads but you can get track pads for them as well. I have not tracked the car which is wear the benefit of the brakes is likely to show up the most.

I did not try the swaybar before the springs were upgraded. I did try the car with the upgraded springs before the sway bar was installed but it was a very small autocross course. More recently on a larger course I am getting some over steer on high speed corners. I have the adjustable rear sway bar on the looser setting so I don't think I will tighten it up more.

I don't think the shocks have been serviced since new so I am going to have that done this winter to see if that makes a difference.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

THX!