RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

AWE Exhuast. Any feedback?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 01:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AWE Exhuast. Any feedback?

Getting a used RS4 to replace my A4. Really like the exhaust note on the AWE website vids. Any realworld feedback? TIA.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:57 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I must have spent 3 months trying to figure out what exhaust to get. I finally went with the GMG. WOW it sounds so sick. No video or sound clip does that exhaust justice. The AWE sounds good and the Tubi is insane but for a everyday driver......GMG is the way to go. I get compliments all the time.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

AWE is a great company. I might be a little leery of the non-resonated for fear of drone. The Tubi retains the center resonator and I can tell you it is still plenty loud buy doesn't drone. The tubi sounds awesome but is now ridiculously priced. I would feel pretty good about the resonated AWE, and that's probably where I would go if it were me.

GMG and Magnaflow both offer options.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have the Non-Res AWE exhaust on my RS4. I absolutely love it! There's a little drone between 2500-3000rpm, but other than that it's a great system. Here's a link to a video when I first got the car back (it's a cell phone video):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzWAXYUu_iU
Old 05-13-2010, 04:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

No offense intended but I just don't get the whole exhaust video clip-thing. Now don't get me wrong, it's prevalent and widespread, I'm not singling out anybody. But how in the Sam heck are you going to be able to discern any audible differences yet alone nuances considering the recording source normally uses a twenty-five-cent microphone, the media is compressed to black-hole status, and most playback equipment is through 2-dollar electronics and fifty-cent speakers?

Again, sorry. I admit I'm an over-the-top audiophile and waaay out there on the fringe so don't take anything I say personal! I do like to watch the people and see the cars, but the audio? Not.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ELEVENS
No offense intended but I just don't get the whole exhaust video clip-thing. Now don't get me wrong, it's prevalent and widespread, I'm not singling out anybody. But how in the Sam heck are you going to be able to discern any audible differences yet alone nuances considering the recording source normally uses a twenty-five-cent microphone, the media is compressed to black-hole status, and most playback equipment is through 2-dollar electronics and fifty-cent speakers?

Again, sorry. I admit I'm an over-the-top audiophile and waaay out there on the fringe so don't take anything I say personal! I do like to watch the people and see the cars, but the audio? Not.
I made my decision to go Non-Res or Res by the AWE website. I can honestly say it sounds just like the website...FWIW
Old 05-17-2010, 12:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

AWE is definitely top of my list. Think the res version will be the one i will be going for as mine is going to be an avant.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by ELEVENS

Elevens, Audiophile? Awesome! What does your home system consist of and how many watts are your putting out. I am an audiophile myself.