RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

The bashing of high-end cars.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default The bashing of high-end cars.....

I really want some people to think about how ridiculous it is to bash cars like the M3, M5, AMG benzes. Or even for those car owners to bash the RS4 or S4 even. Other than exotics and near exotics, these are the finest cars on the planet...all of them. Each is blend of three components: Luxury car, utilitarian vehicle and race car. For any given intended purpose, some aspects of each component has to be compromised to create one vehicle. You will NEVER have a 4-door 4-5 person transporter that can handle like a mid-engine 2 seater. You will never have an AWD drive car whose steering is as nimble as the finest RWD drive car. You will never have a two-wheel drive car that can control high power like an AWD drive car.

All these superb machines favor one thing or another. Just decide what is most important and buy the car. If you want the fastest luxo-rocket, get the AMG. Does the handling suck? No, it doesn't. It won't be an M3, but it'll be better than an Accord or Camry. Do you want the ultimate racing tool that can still carry 4 people, get the M3. Do you want the ultimate in control under a variety of conditions, get the RS4.

This is a very small upper echelon of very fine machinery we are talking about here. Sometimes, I think people forget this. You will never have the absolute best of every parameter in one package, although I can't think of a single vehicle that comes closer to accomplishing this very task than the RS4.
Old 02-24-2008, 06:25 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
Default These times are reminicent of the late 60s early 70s when car performace was on a high

and gas prices were just starting to skyrocket. I hope we do not have to go through the 70s again as cars from that era were terrible
Old 02-24-2008, 06:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well said. I'll never understand a car guy bashing another car guy's choice of an auto.
Old 02-24-2008, 06:44 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

But it can be fun to take a few swings at trolls;-)
Old 02-24-2008, 07:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default You are so right, a well thought out statement

And I removed my sig because of it. Well, and I also upset a fellow Trojan, my sincerest of apologies. Enjoy your M5 recontrojan
Old 02-24-2008, 07:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default objectively, yes, they're all great. subjectively, I *do* think some of those cars suck.

to me, it's unacceptable for a $50k+ car to lurch-stop-lurch-stop-lurch-stop-lurch whenever I floor the throttle from a dead stop. And any RWD car with more than 300hp does that. Same with any FWD car with more than 250hp. I can name at least a dozen cars that I've driven over the past 10 years that I simply couldn't buy for that reason. The one that I *did* buy (the 750i) was for my wife. I do have some buyer's remorse regarding that car, and will probably be trading it in soon.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

why, didn't you like the cadillac cimmarron?
Old 02-24-2008, 07:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I was always quite fond of the Cordoba w/ corinthian leather.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Not upset, but this board is above all of that crap...

I wish the M5 board had more of the quality of posters that the RS4 board has shown me the past year. While never perfect by any stretch I think that if you can afford a RS4 you've reached a certain level/maturity in life that does not have you feeling to defend a car brand.

Just my opinion.

Now college football...those are fighting words!
Old 02-24-2008, 07:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

You just like to beat up the silly ones, admit it

Quick Reply: The bashing of high-end cars.....