RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Big problem.

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 08:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big problem.

Okay I was driving down our main road in town today when my car randomly decided to shut off. I was in gear going about 40 MPH. It then took it a minute (while still rolling down the street with traffic nearby but nowhere to pull over) to start back up again. Needless to say I was shocked to suddenly lose power steering.. and just about everything else. I got home and ran my vag com tool and it only presented 5 faults; 4 having to do with the radio/RNS-E and one having to do with a tilt sensor/alarm? The codes are:

RNS-E:

00532 - Supply Voltage B+
002- Lower Limit Exceeded - Intermittent

00857 (Apparently something with my CD Changer?)
004 - No Signal/Communication (which is strange cause it works fine).

01044 - Control Module Incorrectly Coded

Address 46: Central Conv:
Fault 00962 - Alarm via Tilt Sensor.

I would be totally amazed if any of these had something to do with why my car essentially stalled on its own driving quite subdued. Does anyone have any idea what might have happened? My mind keeps jumping to Carbon issues in my fuel injectors preventing fuel from reaching the engine...? But I'm really drawing blanks.

Any help is much appreciated!
~Cheers
Old 10-16-2010, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Chazaki
Okay I was driving down our main road in town today when my car randomly decided to shut off. I was in gear going about 40 MPH. It then took it a minute (while still rolling down the street with traffic nearby but nowhere to pull over) to start back up again. Needless to say I was shocked to suddenly lose power steering.. and just about everything else. I got home and ran my vag com tool and it only presented 5 faults; 4 having to do with the radio/RNS-E and one having to do with a tilt sensor/alarm? The codes are:

RNS-E:

00532 - Supply Voltage B+
002- Lower Limit Exceeded - Intermittent

00857 (Apparently something with my CD Changer?)
004 - No Signal/Communication (which is strange cause it works fine).

01044 - Control Module Incorrectly Coded

Address 46: Central Conv:
Fault 00962 - Alarm via Tilt Sensor.

I would be totally amazed if any of these had something to do with why my car essentially stalled on its own driving quite subdued. Does anyone have any idea what might have happened? My mind keeps jumping to Carbon issues in my fuel injectors preventing fuel from reaching the engine...? But I'm really drawing blanks.

Any help is much appreciated!
~Cheers
It almost sounds like you lost electrical power. Even if the engine died it still should have had battery to keep those items from creating codes
Old 10-16-2010, 07:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

We seen a few dying and taking a while to restart, with no faults whatsoever and the suddently setting a fault for the engine speed sensor
hope it doesn't happen again
Old 10-26-2010, 06:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Battery ground. Check that, if you are losing all power that the one point that will cause that.

Mark.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Well it happened again...

Twice actually within the month. I took it to the dealer and they were shocked and dumbfounded. They said "we have never seen this issue before on RS4's". As I couldnt find anything out on forums about this issue with RS4s I started looking in the A4 section and it turns out there was an A4 with the exact same symptoms who had to replace his camshaft sensors and oxygen sensors, however I dont know whether this is or even can be the case with the RS4. I have to bring my car back as they didnt have any loaners available when I took it in. Has anyone heard anymore regarding this issue? I will post a reply when I find out the dealer's "diagnosis".