RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 08:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth

I am sure this has been covered before but I am having a hard time finding anything to help me. Is there anyway to connect an Android phone to the Bluetooth in our cars? If so how do I do this? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 05-20-2012, 07:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

You will see a list of connectable devices when you touch the Bluetooth item in Settings. Touch the one one which is Audi-like and go from there. Check your car user manual for the code, 0000 is common but I can't remember if Audi are odd.

Android is #1 so don't worry, it will work.
Old 05-20-2012, 07:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by GotRS?
You will see a list of connectable devices when you touch the Bluetooth item in Settings. Touch the one one which is Audi-like and go from there. Check your car user manual for the code, 0000 is common but I can't remember if Audi are odd.
The Audi bluetooth device will be "Audi UHV xxxx" and the default passkey is 1234.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thank you I will give it a try.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:26 AM
Banned

which Android phone do you have?

I have a Samsung S2 4G LTE (727...or skyrocket in America) and it connects just fine, but then proceeds to disconnect and reconnect every 2 minutes or so (random time between disconnections)

I've tried just about everything so far. I think nothing short of a software update for my phone will cure it.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 141 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by sakimano
but then proceeds to disconnect and reconnect every 2 minutes or so (random time between disconnections}
That's exactly what my previous Nokia did and there was nothing I could do to stop it. Since 1/2010, I have been using a Google Nexus One and have had no problems at all.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

No problems at all with iPhones! LOL
Old 05-22-2012, 04:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by sakimano
I have a Samsung S2 4G LTE (727...or skyrocket in America) and it connects just fine, but then proceeds to disconnect and reconnect every 2 minutes or so (random time between disconnections)

I've tried just about everything so far. I think nothing short of a software update for my phone will cure it.
Yep, a firmware update of the phone is what I'd be trying as a first port of call.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:39 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by BADRS4
No problems at all with iPhones! LOL
Not the case. I have an iPhone 4 with the most recent firmware and it disconnects and reconnects at least once. Sometimes during a conversation, sometimes after sometimes just out of the blue.

It only happened after I upgraded the firmware to the IOS5 though. Before that it never happened.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 141 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by JuniorARA
Not the case. I have an iPhone 4 with the most recent firmware and it disconnects and reconnects at least once. Sometimes during a conversation, sometimes after sometimes just out of the blue.

It only happened after I upgraded the firmware to the IOS5 though. Before that it never happened.
Since this happens on different phones, I have to say that the BT on the RS4 sucks. In fact, the BT in my 2010 S4 is not much better. About half the time, the phone rings and the sound does not go through the car's speakers microphone. I have come to not rely on the BT in both my cars.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth