RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Bought some Ti package wheels...

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 05:43 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought some Ti package wheels...

...for my non-Ti 2008 Avus Silver.

I needed a set of winter wheels, and the weird fitment of the RS4 necessitated either an 8.5x18 ET20 or so wheel with a huge inner barrel to clear the calipers, or going 19. I had a set of 8.5x18 ET38 VMR708 RS4 reps leftover from my old B7 S4, so I tried those. Not even close to clearing the calipers (inner barrel diameter wise).

I just decided a second set of OEM RS4 wheels made the most sense. So I found this set of OEM 9x19 ET29 Titanium Package wheels and decided to buy them for my 'summer' wheel, and would use my OEM silver RS4 wheels for the winter. I've got a week with these Ti wheels on the car before they come off, so I snapped a couple of quick pics with the BlackBerry.

Old 11-19-2011, 05:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Wouldn't you wanna do the Ti's in the winter since they will get the most dirty (snow, dirt, salt, messy black stuff lol)...and keep the silver's for the summer? Just my opinion..I think the silver wheels look so much sharper..esp on your avus silver...
Old 11-19-2011, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Looks like a picturesque neighborhood.
Old 11-19-2011, 10:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BADRS4
Wouldn't you wanna do the Ti's in the winter since they will get the most dirty (snow, dirt, salt, messy black stuff lol)...and keep the silver's for the summer? Just my opinion..I think the silver wheels look so much sharper..esp on your avus silver...
+1 on all points.
Old 11-19-2011, 11:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ELEVENS
+1 on all points.
LOL
Old 11-20-2011, 05:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

I think the Ti wheels look great. I wish I had a extra set of those.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BADRS4
Agree as well. During the winter, my silver wheels look like the Ti wheels most of the time anyway. Ti wheels would be great during the winter b/c they hide the dirt so much better. Then, in the summer, you could put on the silver wheels, keep em clean, and really show them off.
Old 11-20-2011, 08:03 PM
Banned

interesting points. I prefer the look of the Ti wheels on the car, and considering it's in 'summer' (non-winter really) mode for 8 months vs. winter mode for 4 months, I'd rather rock the wheels I like best for double the time.

As for staying clean, in the winter I get a 3 month 'membership' at a local no touch car-wash, so my car stays nice and clean when coupled with garage to garage driving every day from home and to work.

As a result I find the wheels look dirtiest in the summer, ironically.

My motivation for Ti wheels was EV1L's car. I loved it when he put it together a couple of years ago (Avus nonTi with Ti wheels, tinted windows, blackout grill and a couple of other nice points).

Here's his car.

Old 11-21-2011, 06:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

The Ti rims look great on his and your car.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

That pic looks good on a bright sunny day...and yes Tint's are a must...Maybe for your color combination it will look good..but I'm just still more of a fan of the silver wheels...but its all good..do what makes you happy bro!

Quick Reply: Bought some Ti package wheels...