RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Carbon Buildup Cleaning in Houston

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 04:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carbon Buildup Cleaning in Houston

Anyone know a good place.

I think I've just decided to keep the RS4 until the RS5 is available. Since I have probably 8 months before I'd be driving it, I'm gonna get the cleanup done on the current car.

65K miles. I bet it looks crazy.

I'd be willing to drive at least an hour.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:34 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by b45H1r
Anyone know a good place.

I think I've just decided to keep the RS4 until the RS5 is available. Since I have probably 8 months before I'd be driving it, I'm gonna get the cleanup done on the current car.

65K miles. I bet it looks crazy.

I'd be willing to drive at least an hour.
get some photos...should be interesting.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:12 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Did you ever find a shop to do your carbon cleaning? I thought about doing it myself but with limited garage access I'd rather pay for it and do it myself in the future...
Old 02-13-2012, 04:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tv4184
Did you ever find a shop to do your carbon cleaning? I thought about doing it myself but with limited garage access I'd rather pay for it and do it myself in the future...
Not yet. I've heard Autowerk does it. It's just off the 59 feeder road, just west of the galleria. I'm actually going to email them. Ill keep you posted.

My life is my hands, so I've had to give up heavy wrenching after some serious lacerations helping pops change the 12th spark plug on his 850. (honestly the hardest thing I've ever done in my life, google it...seriously it's like satanically hard, took 2 and a half days...to change 12 spark plugs. The first 10 plugs took 30 minutes, that's how hard the last two are. I'm having flashbacks) So I restrict myself from anything more difficult than fluid and filter changes. But it sounds like an awesome time.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:36 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Yeah I already have one project car. I can't spend more time wrenching on the RS4 too. I found EuroCarWerks and Reisu. I was going to give them a call tomorrow and see. Also call around to a few dealers. I'll post my findings if you haven't gotten back by then.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I just dropped of my car at BARTuning to get it cleaned. We looked in the spark plug hole with a boroscope and you could see how bad the build up is at 44800 miles. Price was decent. I'll see how their work turns out. The owner said he'll take pictures of the progress. The job will also include new plugs and an oil change with Motul. It sounded pretty decent.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Been thinking about doing a carbon cleaning up here in DFW. There is a reputable euro shop that has done several and has quoted me $1,250 for the clean + pre/post dyno's. I feel like this is a pretty good deal, yeah?

I've got 58,xxx on the odo. and I'm thinking it could be quite a bloodbath in there! I don't think it's ever been done on my car.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Yeah I remember seeing a shop posted in DFW on the texas audi forums. My car was the first to be done at the shop I went to. Their price was pretty fair including replacing spark plugs and oil with Motul 5w40.

I'm not going to post the price because they requested that I don't until they establish a price point for this service but the price you received sounds pretty on par was most shops. I've seen from 500-1800. I'm not sure where people get $500 from but averaging about 1000-1400 is more realistic.

Mine has 44,500 miles and when we put a boroscope down in spark plug chamber and we looked at the valve. The build up was pretty bad. I believe this car never had a clean up done either. I got one EPC light - faulty intake runner position sensor. My cost included replacing the sensor since it's under the manifold anyway. The original sensor was clean and didn't show any issues so I was worried it'd throw another code. I should get the car back tomorrow or Thursday. The shop took plenty of pictures and I'll post them once I get her back.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

I just dropped of my car at BARTuning to get it cleaned. We looked in the spark plug hole with a boroscope and you could see how bad the build up is at 44800 miles. Price was decent. I'll see how their work turns out. The owner said he'll take pictures of the progress. The job will also include new plugs and an oil change with Motul. It sounded pretty decent.
Can you PM me the price? I had a few garages think it over, but clearly they had never done it before. I'm glad you followed up on this thread.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Dropped mine off at BARTuning yesterday. Will post pics when done.

Saw the pics of yours. You should have posted those.

Quick Reply: Carbon Buildup Cleaning in Houston