RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Considering RS4 - help needed on price

Old 08-27-2008, 09:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Considering RS4 - help needed on price

Looking to become another convert from an E46 M3... Been comparing E90 M3, RS4 and even 535xi and used E60 M5. After driving all of these several times, I have really gotten to like the RS4. Had not such a great experience looking at a new RS4 at a local dealer, but I came across an 07 with roughly 12k miles in good shape (one owner, no stories.) Non Audi dealer is asking roughly $53k. With all of the stories on discounts on new 08s, and the market in general (man, is it a good time to buy a high horsepower sports car!), is $52-53k a good price? I don't need to feel like I've wrung the last cent of the dealer (never happens anyway...) but I am also worried about getting a bad deal given how far prices are moving down and how quickly on 08s. (Not just RS4s either. You can get E90 sedans with 6MT for close to invoice, new M5 for $15k off sticker plus 0.9% financing, etc.)

I have been watching this board for a little while but most price discussions seem to be around new 08s. (Hope I didn't miss any recent threads about 07 values.) Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Considering RS4 - help needed on price

I had a dealer try to sell me a CPO 2007 that was listed for $58,000. The car had 20,000 miles. He said he would have easily knocked $5k off of the price, as it had been in his showroom for 6 weeks. If you can go to $52 or $53k, I recommend that you give yourself the peace of mind of the extended warranty. This is A LOT of amazing car at that price point. I picked up an '08 with Premium (which they all seem to have) and Titanium package for $62,500. That's over $12k off of MSRP. Prices on new cars are so low that you can get a GREAT deal if you are willing to buy used, even with the preium cost of the CPO warranty.

I drove the M3 - the car drove great, but to me, the Audi is a much nicer car. I think the exterior on the RS4 looks better, and the interior on the M3 is horrible. I think the interior is making a lot of people avoid that car.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default There are several on eBay with 1/2 that mileage selling for about the same price...

That said, the price seems reasonably fair considering the dealer probably took it on trade for $48K or so. Considering new 2008s are selling for under $63K I don't think I'd pay any more than $53K for a used 2007.

If you want to buy used, time is on your side and you can look for the car you want at the price you want to pay. Any and all talk about the RS5 and eventual new RS4 could drive prices lower, or it could move people to get off the fence and buy now, which is what I'm hoping to do.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Sounds a fair price, if you look it over and are happy, go for it...

I buy on impulse and have rarely regretted any of them, RS4 is the best so far.
Old 08-28-2008, 02:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default If you like modding your cars, you should consider mine, listed on e-bay...

it will save you a lot of money in the long run.
This auction ends, sale or no sale, at 56k minimun purchase price.<ul><li><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;rd=1&amp;item=320290938 487&amp;ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&amp;ih=011">pimpag e</a></li></ul>
Old 08-28-2008, 05:06 AM
Rest In Peace

Default I am seriously interested......

would you happen to have more pictures? Ifso, can you email them to me?
Old 08-28-2008, 05:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default What pics? Ask anyone (with longevity) on this board. I "rule" to buy cars from...

I buy the best mods, and have them installed by the best people, and don't expect my money back. I pass on a beautiful machine, with love, to the next user.
NO BULL****!
Old 08-28-2008, 05:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default I would really look into this...... ...

The car needs stasis...and this one has it...as well as over 10k(++) worth of mods. I would put the Ti whels back on personally..but it is a great deal......

like his sig says...he is a real car *****, and I would bet the car is in phenom shape. That said, I drive the hell out of the RS4, not abuse, but drive it hard, and the engine is incredibly strong. 33k miles with not a single problem.....

56k I would take it in a second....If you want, you can have mine for 49k, and I will buy this car....seriously.....It is black/black premium with some moda as well...
Old 08-28-2008, 05:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I don't drive the "hell" out of my cars. I love my right to drive...I've had it taken...

away before. NOT GOOD FOR A CAR *****!
You'd be suprised how well the car rides with the 20" wheels...and there's a 5th one in the trunk! You "curb" an OZ...what, thats 300-400$...you curb a fresh Ti OEM wheel???
That's why I put them on. I don't care how careful one is, sooner or later...curbing happens.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:57 AM
Rest In Peace

Default that's all fine and dandy, however, the pics on your Ebay listing aren't very clear.....

I thought it was a simple request, guess it isn't.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Considering RS4 - help needed on price