RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Damn, Second tint ticket in 4 weeks....

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 05:25 PM
JMG
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Damn, Second tint ticket in 4 weeks....

It's only 35% too!! I really loath Ohio police sometimes!!!

First one was going to a car show. Old lady officer pulls out behind me and does her little speech about only 50% on the front driver and passenger windows, but don't worry the back can be as dark as you want it. I played dumb, didn't work, $135.00! I swear every car there was either as dark or darker, or running strait pipe exhaust and was 110 db's.

Second time just driving home about 8:30 last night, old man officer again pulls out behind me, same excuse...Now they never seem to care about the lack of a front plate, just the stupid tint. Another $135.00!!

Anyone have a hookup for a doctor willing to write me a photosensitive excuse. I really do not want to let the police win and strip it to put on 50%.

Yeah yeah I know, break the law and have to pay for it, but that really is a silly law where I live. The worst crime we've had was a attempted robbery of Target or something like that in the last 2 years.

Anyway, sorry for the incoherent post, just needed to vent!

Jason

07 Ibis RS4
Old 07-29-2007, 05:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Be glad you dont live in NJ, whatever goes on the back but nothing on the fronts.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:45 PM
JMG
AudiWorld Member

No doubt it could be worse, but it just seems like a ridiculous law to me, especially where I live
Old 07-29-2007, 08:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default where in oh are you? cincy is the worst, they have light meters with them, got a warning, ...

but had a doctor's note, they said it was not current and this was a new car and that the letter has to be in the past 2 yrs....you know its all for end of the month quota, or just for local revenues.

let me know if you need a lawyer. lol
Old 07-30-2007, 01:18 AM
JMG
AudiWorld Member

Default NE Ohio, in the akron area...Yeah, both times they came up to the car with their meter in hand...

For sure it was end of month again, both times have been the 26th and 28th of the month.

Lawyers covered sorta, g/f's a 2L at OSU, she can use it as practice, or to do all my research for me.

Jason
07 Ibis RS4
Old 07-30-2007, 11:30 AM

Default I doubt you'll find an MD willing to risk his license so you can save $135...

that is called FRAUD!!!

What you might be able to do, however, is get a relative (you trust a LOT) who lives in another state and get the car titled in their name and in their state. It's a hassle, but it's not illegal... it's a loophole.

Then again, you'd better trust them a lot. You'd be essentially giving them your car and having them "let" you drive it.

But you won't be hassled by Ohio police again.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:45 PM
JMG
AudiWorld Member

Default Ohh I know I wasn't gonna get an MD to sign anything for me, nor would I want them too....

especially when it puts there license in jeopardy. But you can't sit there and say that it has't happened before, and won't again.

Like I said originally, it was a rant more for the sake of just letting it out then a cry for someone to help me out for $135.00. Although, I can see that wasn't extremely clear at any point. Either way, whatever at this point I am over it, and out another $135.00

Jason
07 Ibis RS4
Old 07-30-2007, 08:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

cool, bring your ibis to the next regional audi/vw meeting on 8/18 @ tony's, try to catch you then
Old 07-31-2007, 07:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

OMG The MD wont lose their license.. like the state is going to spend money proving you ARENT sensit
Old 07-31-2007, 12:27 PM
JMG
AudiWorld Member

Default Again most likely true...But I for one understand that I wouldn't want to put my $100k+ education...

on the line for someone unless I knew for certain the reprocussions.

Quick Reply: Damn, Second tint ticket in 4 weeks....