RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

dealer service in South West Florida

Old 02-07-2010, 12:49 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dealer service in South West Florida

Hi all. New to the forum. I just purchased a 2007 RS4 and have it parked in Naples, Florida. I have noticed a high pitched whine when I am in 1-4th gears. The noise goes away in 5th and 6th above 55 mph and if you come off the gas below 55 mph and depress the clutch the noise goes away. I suspect it could be the release bearing in the clutch but it may be a standard noise since I am new to the car. Question..I want to take the car to a dealer familiar with the RS4 to check over the noise and if work is necessary will have the best tech's to pull out the clutch, tranny or diff to resolve the issue. Any advice from my fellow RS4 owners in South Florida? I had thought about Champion Audi but I do not believe they exist as I get punted to a Coral Springs Audi. Any help would be appreciated.
Best regards.
Old 02-07-2010, 02:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats. The RS4 has dual high pressure fuel pumps on top of the motor that make some beautiful whining sounds. Perhaps that's what you're hearing?
Old 02-10-2010, 03:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by rs4robert
Hi all. New to the forum. I just purchased a 2007 RS4 and have it parked in Naples, Florida. I have noticed a high pitched whine when I am in 1-4th gears. The noise goes away in 5th and 6th above 55 mph and if you come off the gas below 55 mph and depress the clutch the noise goes away. I suspect it could be the release bearing in the clutch but it may be a standard noise since I am new to the car. Question..I want to take the car to a dealer familiar with the RS4 to check over the noise and if work is necessary will have the best tech's to pull out the clutch, tranny or diff to resolve the issue. Any advice from my fellow RS4 owners in South Florida? I had thought about Champion Audi but I do not believe they exist as I get punted to a Coral Springs Audi. Any help would be appreciated.
Best regards.
Its no longer known as Champion Audi, It is now Coral Springs Audi, same staff..New ownership. Some of you may know Qvale, from the Qvale Mangusta.

Ask for JR Wagner, he's my service advisor. I just had the 15k service three weeks ago.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:18 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by KinetikRS4
Its no longer known as Champion Audi, It is now Coral Springs Audi, same staff..New ownership. Some of you may know Qvale, from the Qvale Mangusta.

Ask for JR Wagner, he's my service advisor. I just had the 15k service three weeks ago.
Tx for the feed back. I will contact JR.