RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Difference between Stasis suspension kits?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 06:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Difference between Stasis suspension kits?

I have a few questions:

First how long have people typically been going on the DRC system on the RS4 before it starts crapping out?

Second, the Stasis suspension has two models for the 2008 RS4. Whats the difference that warrants $1300 price difference?

Last: I don't want a harsh ride at all. I don't want the car to be lowered much either, I definitely don't want wheel well over the top edge of the tire. Can I control to that height with either of the stasis systems? My car will be here in a couple weeks and it is brand spanking new, so I don't know if I will do this mod right away, but would appreciate some info anyways.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:32 PM

Default My DRC lasted 10 months and I went with the MS suspension

At the time, STaSIS did not offer their alternative product. If they did, I probably would have still picked the MS Suspension given that you can adjust the dampers (front shaft, front reservoir, and rear shaft) to meet your needs (aggressive track, performance track, aggressive street, performance street, very comfortable street).

My initial ride height setting was arguably a bit low, so I raised it slightly. So, yes, it's adjustable.

I don't recall any RS4 owners who have had experience with both products, so you may want to give STaSIS a call directly. Good luck!
Old 09-12-2008, 11:59 PM
bpp
AudiWorld Super User

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default The damping is adjustable on the MS and is not on the SL. Ride height ...

is variable on both. If you are a track junkie the MS is the way to go (you can choose various spring rates here too) plus the Hotchkiss rear sway bar.
If not a junkie the SL is more than enough to satisfy your handling upgrade maybe along with a Hotchkiss RS4 rear sway bar.
DRC is disabled per the install instructions for both kits. .02<ul><li><a href="http://stasisengineering.com/Category_Detail.aspx?VID=195&amp;PID=171">Details here...</a></li></ul>
Old 09-15-2008, 08:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Difference between Stasis suspension kits?

thansk guys fo the info. I will also be asking the dealer about the DRC and making clear I know it is problematic adn under warranty. Would be cool if they just gave me the cash for the replacement DRC when it does die, but that how the dealers get paid from Audi, warranty work.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:35 AM
bpp
AudiWorld Super User

cash for a disabled DRC...sure...:P
Old 09-17-2008, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: The damping is adjustable on the MS and is not on the SL. Ride height ...

Since the kits ships with caps for the existing DRC lines, why not rip out those lines and resevoir and trim some weight? Anyone do that? Guessing it won't be much, but maybe 50lbs?

I talked to my dealer yesterday, told them I was aware of the DRC issues and they didn't seem to know about it. Which in their case could be true, this is a very rural audi dealer and I think they are alloted 1 RS4 a year and 1 R8 a year. Eastern Washington is not Audi land, they sell more trucks to trailer parks here than anything. Anyways I am going to run the car until I see DRC problems, then switch to the Stasis. Still deciding which...tough one. I plan on taking it on track maybe once or twice a year to Portland Raceway, but not much more than that. Will have this debate in my head until the DRC fails.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:31 AM
bpp
AudiWorld Super User

imho, the SL will do it for you, along with the Hotchkiss rear bar.