RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

downpipes worth it with milltek exhaust?

Old 12-22-2007, 08:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default downpipes worth it with milltek exhaust?

also is the valved system worth the cost?
Old 12-22-2007, 10:28 AM

yes
Old 12-22-2007, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Yes ....
Old 12-22-2007, 01:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Yes, but you may want to contact strat to see if they have sorted the failures...

with milltek. There have been a relatively high amount of problems with them considering the relatively low number sold (compared to larger number of build cars). I would find out if there has been a revision. The good thing is that the folks at strat are great to deal with and good and standing behind their products.
Old 12-22-2007, 01:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default My opinions...

The valve does little to nothing...except add cost to the system. It will NOT be much louder with the valve open. Granted, that's subjective, so that's my opinion.

As for the DP's, I haven't looked at a dyno plot. For me, so long as there's more power across the power band, it'd be worth every nickel.

However, if it moves the power band higher at the expense of low end torque, I'd probably not find it to my liking.

With that said, the first order of business is looking at the dyno plot.

If you just want it to sound mean, go for it.

And bhvrdr is correct...there was a thread about a limited number of users experiencing difficulty. I believe it has been addressed, but call Stasis direct...they're very good people and are very honest.
Old 12-22-2007, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Hopefully so. Another one just popped up today on the S4 board....

and the dynos of before/after with downpipes being the only change (already had the catback) showed the most gains down low in the rev band with less gains up top which is probably fine for RS4 owners being that it has a nice upper powerband already.
Old 12-22-2007, 06:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default reason you havent seen a dyno is that milltek has too much sand in their vagina to man up

and actually post something. Cowards.....I wish I could sell things without actually proving they do what I claim they do.....
Old 12-23-2007, 06:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default You gotta believe that if they had proof that they worked, they'd post the dynos.

Apparently they don't.

My suspicion is that they do produce power, but the increase is in midrange power/torque and not in peak hp. My Milltek DPs gave my car much better midrange numbers but less peak hp than a competitor's DPs. That's not anything to be ashamed of. They could tout the downpipe's affect on the overall powerband.

..... It's hard to say what the motivation is behind Strat's 'sin of omission'...
Old 12-23-2007, 08:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: downpipes worth it with milltek exhaust?

Downpipes will definitely cost you low end torque w/o software. I put the complete system on and my car is slower. I've been waiting for the GIAC software to see if I regain the perf lost plus some more top end. If not the stock cats will go back on the car.
Old 12-23-2007, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default i think you are the only one that agrees with me on this board and actually posts on this topic

so shameful of both milltek and stratmosphere not to even acknowledge this. Coward they are!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: downpipes worth it with milltek exhaust?