RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Is the DRC problem finally resolved?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 06:12 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is the DRC problem finally resolved?

I remember the sagging/leaking DRC issue being a big topic, but it seems to have gone away.

Has Audi resolved the weakness with a replacement part? Extended the warranty on DRC? Both? None?

Thanks.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

I think the lack of postings is the answer. On the other hand we see carbon cleaning all the time.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:39 AM
Banned

Carbon's days are numbered. It'll be terminated before too long.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

They claim theyve fixed it... But I appear to be having the same problem again... The first time Audi did the install incorrectly and thus I had to bring it back for them to fix. After about six months of seeming as though it has no more issues, my shocks start clicking violently again. I am about to take it into a different dealer to address this issue. Have had an extraordinary amount of problems with this car (which only has 30,000 miles and is still under warranty). If it weren't for the warranty I hate to say but I probably would have sold the car months ago. I guess sometimes you get a car with no problems and others is just the opposite; however when it comes down to the upper eschalon of sports sedans, none of these cars should have as many problems as they do. I don't know for sure whether I'm having the same drc issue but it sure sounds like my front passenger shock is leaking again. Will post a follow up after I meet with the dealer.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Chazaki
They claim theyve fixed it... But I appear to be having the same problem again... The first time Audi did the install incorrectly and thus I had to bring it back for them to fix. After about six months of seeming as though it has no more issues, my shocks start clicking violently again. I am about to take it into a different dealer to address this issue. Have had an extraordinary amount of problems with this car (which only has 30,000 miles and is still under warranty). If it weren't for the warranty I hate to say but I probably would have sold the car months ago. I guess sometimes you get a car with no problems and others is just the opposite; however when it comes down to the upper eschalon of sports sedans, none of these cars should have as many problems as they do. I don't know for sure whether I'm having the same drc issue but it sure sounds like my front passenger shock is leaking again. Will post a follow up after I meet with the dealer.
So what types of other non-DRC problems have you had with it?
Old 08-24-2011, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 141 Likes on 97 Posts

I have a feeling that the newer version of the shocks are built to a better quality standard. One of the four replacement shocks in my car, installed about 15k miles ago, is showing a slight bit of a leak. Otherwise, the suspension is behaving normally with no ill effects.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Viken B.
I have a feeling that the newer version of the shocks are built to a better quality standard. One of the four replacement shocks in my car, installed about 15k miles ago, is showing a slight bit of a leak. Otherwise, the suspension is behaving normally with no ill effects.
what was the official stance Audi took on the issue?

Extended the warranty on DRC?
Recalled all RS4s, or are they just fixing those who complain?

Both? None?
Old 08-25-2011, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by sakimano
Carbon's days are numbered. It'll be terminated before too long.
explain - I've not heard anything
Old 08-25-2011, 07:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Reggie
explain - I've not heard anything
No - and yes you have.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2809937
Old 08-25-2011, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 141 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by sakimano
what was the official stance Audi took on the issue?

Extended the warranty on DRC?
Recalled all RS4s, or are they just fixing those who complain?

Both? None?
There is an official DRC recall effective through sometime in 2012. I don't remember the date, but after that, you are on your own. I have the recall letter at home and will look at it later this weekend and report back. Here is a previous thread discussing the recall:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2786235

Quick Reply: Is the DRC problem finally resolved?