RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

DRC recall Done and disappointed

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 05:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DRC recall Done and disappointed

My recall was done...they had the car for over 3 days and the suspension went from nice to way too stiff...anyone else have this issue? I liked it before the recall...comments/suggestions?
Old 08-18-2010, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

A common error made by the tech is over-pressurising the system. Early tools used on the RS6 can be converted to work on the RS4. I have a suspicion that the gauge on the tool is labeled in a unit of pressure that is different than the unit of pressure used in the pressurising instructions. So when the tech trys to convert to the different units, an error is made and the pressure is too high. If your shocks hadn't leaked copius amounts of fluid prior to the update, there is no reason for the updated system to be that much firmer.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by silverRS4
A common error made by the tech is over-pressurising the system. Early tools used on the RS6 can be converted to work on the RS4. I have a suspicion that the gauge on the tool is labeled in a unit of pressure that is different than the unit of pressure used in the pressurising instructions. So when the tech trys to convert to the different units, an error is made and the pressure is too high. If your shocks hadn't leaked copius amounts of fluid prior to the update, there is no reason for the updated system to be that much firmer.
Good info. I noticed a more firm ride after my work. The car felt much better.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Dealer know-how seems to be a big factor in success. Mine feels very very good. Good thing too, as it looks like the new cabriolet is on the list of affected cars as well.
Old 08-18-2010, 07:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by silverRS4

Great info...going back to the dealer for the lead tech to ride with me...i will use your info...don't get it...my dealer sold tons of rs4s and R8s, so you think they would know, but then again they are on the stock exchange so they probably don't give a damn...they said to fix it they have to take it apart again??? does that make sense?

On a side note, they won't scope the car for carbon? why? how did some members get the carbon clean out under warranty?
Old 08-23-2010, 06:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Had mine done over this past weekend, and it feels great! I also noticed less "reverse" rake on the car sitting, which pleases me as I hate the reverse rake look. Feels slightly stiffer (in a good way), so all thumbs up from my end.