RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

DRC recall- Thank you AUDI..!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 01:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DRC recall- Thank you AUDI..!!

I took my 2007 RS4 in for it's 4 year service today and was a bit concerned about the status of the shocks knowing that the warranty is soon over and that DRC issues have been very frequent. I was informed that the recall to switch to the improved shocks is imminent and that I should expect to bring the car in within the next few weeks to have the work done. Love this car and so happy that Audi is true to it's reputation of first class service and customer satisfaction..!!
Old 07-08-2010, 06:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Congrats...it is good to see Audi is stepping up here.

Originally Posted by RS4-2007
I took my 2007 RS4 in for it's 4 year service today and was a bit concerned about the status of the shocks knowing that the warranty is soon over and that DRC issues have been very frequent. I was informed that the recall to switch to the improved shocks is imminent and that I should expect to bring the car in within the next few weeks to have the work done. Love this car and so happy that Audi is true to it's reputation of first class service and customer satisfaction..!!
Old 07-08-2010, 12:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default i was also at dealer today

I was in for 20k oil change at DCH Audi in NJ and the dealer said there was a recall on the car and i knew it was going to be the DRC issue, i have an appointment for next friday to fix it, estimated 6 hour job. So the recall is official though definitely not happeding in a proactive manner from Audi USA.
Next recall to conquer is carbon build-up. I asked about that today at the dealer and they said they don't know what i am talking about.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Mine goes in next week

I mentioned this on another thread but my DRC actually blew out at 18K miles on an '08. The parts are in and they go on next week. I am also in NJ but I go to Bernardsville. They are keeping the car for 2 days. I am just glad I am not paying for it. I hope these replacements prove to be more reliable than the originals.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default DRC Suspension issues / Recall

Can any of you please tell me what to look out for. Even the slightest issues regarding the DRC's (or even what to say) so I can bring it in for an assessment.

Thanks all!
Old 07-10-2010, 04:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by sonbi999
Can any of you please tell me what to look out for. Even the slightest issues regarding the DRC's (or even what to say) so I can bring it in for an assessment.

Thanks all!

you should have the parts replaced regardless of symptoms. the recall letter came from audiusa yesterday, they are offering until 2012 to do the replacement, but i would take care of it now, the new shocks can only be an improvement i am hoping.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Got my letter today, need to call in, the dealer will order parts and then schedule appt.
Old 07-10-2010, 03:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

I got my letter today as well...good stuff!
Old 07-10-2010, 05:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I got letter too! Now, I have Stasis MS shocks. Should I pick up the stock shocks, just to keep them???? I pitched the old stuff.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 141 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by JMSIV
I got letter too! Now, I have Stasis MS shocks. Should I pick up the stock shocks, just to keep them???? I pitched the old stuff.
You should if you could. Usually, recalls and service actions must be performed by the dealer for Audi to approve it. I doubt that they will give you the parts.

Quick Reply: DRC recall- Thank you AUDI..!!