RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Drove my new RS4 home today

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 08:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drove my new RS4 home today

After moving up from an S4, all I can say is, why did I ever even question the move? This is a hell of a car. It feels so tight and strong and serious compared to the S4, which is really no slouch on its own. I cannot stay out of the throttle, however, and I'm going to have a hard time breaking it in gently. The growl of the engine is intoxicating, I can still hear it in my head after my evening drive.

I love the clutch uptake compared to the S4. It's so much more direct and lively. The shifter feels more solid and precise, although I thought the S4 had one of the best I'd ever owned... this one's better. The handling and power are just simply in another league... I cannot get enough of this car. I hadn't driven an RS4 before picking mine up, and I have to admit my expectations weren't really that high. i thought, how much different can it be? But it is... it's a completely different car altogether. The brakes are amazing, from what I've felt so far... the feel endless and deep. I wasn't expecting to feel such a difference in the torque either... I'd read some people early on say they thought their S4's felt more torquey... I have to disagree. This thing has bags of torque. I'm in love and it's only been a couple of hours. But I'm so glad, because I wasn't sure quite what to expect.

The only fly in the oinment is that I started getting some warning lights on my drive home. First the "malfunction" light came on, then the "EPC" light. I wheeled it back before getting too far and they think it's the intake flap acting up, causing some emmissions faults, but they're not sure. They couldn't fix it right away and I had a 3 hour drive ahead of me and had to get home, so I took it. It feels and runs fine, and so I'm wondering if it's not the Flap the Bob has talked about removing? If that's the case, anyone know if it would cause these faults, and should I be driving it? I'm taking it in soon, but not right away.

Anyway, I love this car, and I'm glad I went with this instead of an S4 Cab I had been kicking around... everyone here said the RS4 was the one to get, and I just wanted to say Thanks to you all for your input a couple of months ago.

I'll get some pics up when I get a chance.

ross
Old 06-16-2008, 09:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default the flap may be sticking, but that shouldn't cause a CEL or EPC light.

might be something more serious, unfortunately.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:13 PM

Crap, I was hoping not. I'll get it in soon as I can and see what it is. Thanks Bob
Old 06-16-2008, 09:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

I think the flap that is causing the EPC lights is a flap to change the length of the intake runners
Old 06-17-2008, 03:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Congrats!
Old 06-17-2008, 05:14 AM

Still ok to drive it until I get it in?
Old 06-17-2008, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Where are you located in Canada?

I live in downtown Toronto and we could see if the flaps are sticking. Also, you may want to hear how the Milteks sound.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Congrats
Old 06-17-2008, 09:36 AM
ASQ
Audiworld Junior Member

Default I find it completely unacceptable that a brand new car has problems already after...

only a few miles. I'm an Audi fan but come-on this is just a bad user experience.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:47 AM

Default I would love that, especially hearing the Milteks, but I'm way out,

in Edmonton. Really appreciate the offer though. I've never heard any aftermarket exhaust on these things but I have to say I'm impressed with the stock exhaust so far.

ross

Quick Reply: Drove my new RS4 home today