RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Dxben appreciation

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 03:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dxben appreciation

Chaps and chapesses,
Have been sitting back and missed the massive post apart from the edited version (where is the burrito thread?) and have seen all the commentary.
Clearly this was an emotional issue for everyone, and I am sure there were quite a few bottles of Beaujolais devoured during the course of the "discussions". (So i blame it on the French).
However, my question is, will this episode make Audi more receptive, when contacted in a constructive manner, to issues relating to the reliability of individual cars? One would hope that it would make them more aware of the issues. A while back, when Ben was first having his clutch problems, I posted the question "where are all the Audi brand managers" - If I were the brand manager for this product, during the launch phase, I would have my ears to th ground and be lurking the forums to pick up on what consumers were saying about this car. When I started to see bens issues, I would have picked up the phone and called his dealer and seen if there was anythign I could have done to address what was clearly an issue that had come up before (see the posts on rs246 from europe on clutch issues). It would have potentially stopped it getting to the stage it did.
Not to condone Bens approach, however I woudl hope that everyone in this (AoA and posters here) has learnt something.
Just my 2p - however I am sure I am going to get flamed for something, so have put on my asbestos underpants!
Old 07-24-2006, 04:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default GD, MFing, hairy pit turn tail and run French. O wait, I forgot this coonass has some.........

Landry Blood. NEVER MIND:-)

Anyone up for a Group Buy on asbestos underpants???!
Old 07-24-2006, 04:45 AM

Default Re: GD, MFing, hairy pit turn tail and run French. O wait, I forgot this coon *** has some.........

Budda - I am afraid I don't speak "mountain"
translation pls
Old 07-24-2006, 05:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Sure thing, here you go. Good humor is best served while attacking ones self not others....

The French Suck but I'm 25% south Louisiana French, we call that a Coonass down here. Landry was one of the original families forced out of Nova Scotia by the Britt's for refusing to swear allegiance to the English Crown. They settled in South Louisiana.

I am with you on the wine conspiracy, you know everything must be a conspiracy, it sounds good anyway. I don't plan on letting the attack Ben crowd get to me, so I liked the idea of the Group Buy on asbestos underpants just in case:-)
Old 07-24-2006, 05:53 AM

Depreciation. . .
Old 07-24-2006, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default You have to have read his first (the one that started the frenzy) to appreciate...

this. Which I do, truly from a removed viewpoint.<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/other/msgs/5780094.phtml">https://forums.audiworld.com/other/msgs/5780094.phtml</a</li></ul>
Old 07-24-2006, 06:46 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default That one didn't start it, but set your AW browser to see OT messages - it's still there

Part 1
Deleted by original poster themselves. Needless to say, the profanity and confrontational attitude of the original post with even more insulting responses toward anyone who didn't agree, did not produce the desired result for them.

Part 2
The cleaned up and much nicer (amusing some might say) burrito edition.
Old 07-24-2006, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Intended in good humor: I would have speculated that the predilection toward

asbestos underpants was something that originated in British public schools, perhaps as an affirmative defense against canings, paddlings or other 'submissive punishings'. What the French have historically lacked in personal hygiene and courage (save for the WWII resistance and a few other high points) they occasionally make up for, still, in wine. And, by way of 'mountain education', Evil Buddha notes but one of a distinguished line (Acadians, Cajuns) whose contributions far exceed some of our rather more inbred mountain communities. As the old West Virginia joke goes: 'Hi, this is my wife Sally, she used to be my sister.'
Old 07-24-2006, 07:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

ROFLOL! Thanks.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:48 AM

Default Re: Depreciation. . .

Understand where you are coming from. He lost it, but could have described his frustration in a slightly more, hmmm, ...constructive manner lets say.

We have all thrown our toys at one point or another, usually fuelled by an insignificant event that we assumed was a conspiracy to get us, and I am sure he is currently feeling extremely embarrased.

That being said, I do hope that this has reinforced to AoA how passionate their customer base can be and how this car, perhaps more than any other car in their recent production run, has become an icon to that base. I like to think I am a Brand Ambassador for Audi, always taking the time to convince potential purchasers of the benefit of the brand vs others, sticking up for the brand when the BMW chaps dismiss it or the automotive press poo poo it. I can only hope that the brand managers at Audi are as passionate about their cars as we are - I do not get the feeling that they are. I might be wrong, but I know that many people sensed where the ben issue was going (i did) and if Audi had been really engaged with thier base and had been on the forum, it might have had a hapier ending.
I wonder what the Harley guys do when they release a new model?
Anyway, just my 2p again, and I have now put 2 pairs of the asbestos underpants on (called "double bagging") and used the last of
sparkys tinfoil to add an extra layer of protection, so fire away. I can take it.

Quick Reply: Dxben appreciation