AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/rs4-b7-platform-discussion-121/)
-   -   Euro Lincense Plate Bracket, front - B7 RS4 (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/rs4-b7-platform-discussion-121/euro-lincense-plate-bracket-front-b7-rs4-2904654/)

RS4stig 08-02-2016 12:27 PM

Euro Lincense Plate Bracket, front - B7 RS4

Anyone knows of a source and PN for a front mounted (in the middle of the grille) black license plate bracket for Euro license plates for a B7 RS4? ECS Tuning has a gray bracket (PN: 8E0807285AT1QP) but not black. Also any ideas how to mount the license plate, need another bracket which perhaps installs behind the license plate or tape, etc? Thanks.

RS4stig 08-07-2016 03:01 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Ok, figured out the details for Europlate mounting and will list it here in case someone else is interested in adding a tribute Euro-plate to the front grille. Realize that in some states where front license plate are required this may be illegal / the law may be enforced. So proceed at your own risk. Also realize that some prefer the delete plate look in the front which is also a great choice. Some of us of European origin however enjoy having a home country or German look in the front. The narrow Euro-plate design fits nicely with the Audi B7 front grille.

ECS Tuning does have a black Euro license plate holder, OEM part PN: 8E0807285AT-3FZ (last three digits mean black). There are several bracket styles out there and grey ones as well, but this version frames the license plate nicely with the plated mounted behind the frame. The license plate needs to be centered behind the frame prior to installation, instead of getting a bracket to hold the plate I just taped it in place. Once the frame is popped in place at the top four screws hold it against the grille from the bottom, all is snug and no danger of the plate falling out. I wadded up some duct tape behind the plat to make sure it doesn't rattle after installation. The bracket has a nice precise fit, as you would expect from German parts, and only takes a few minutes to install. I am attaching pictures which will hopefully come through to illustrate the steps of the installation.

I ordered the Euro-plate from Europeanplates.com. The plate is made of the same aluminum and stamping process as authentic German plates with white reflective background, black lettering and framing. Very nice quality and took less than a week to get with custom lettering (same as my US plate). Europeanplates.com also has authentic region and date stickers for most German and other European countries. Being Hungarian (by birth) I ordered a Hungarian 2004- spec plate but with German region stickers for Neckarsulm (region of Baden-Wurtternberg, Stuttgart, home of Quattro GmbH) and Ingolstadt as tributes to Audi.

All and all came out very nice and authentic, all of it cost ~$120. Let me know if you have any questions.

Happy RS-ing out there.

ELEVENS 08-09-2016 05:52 AM

Cool! Thanks for taking the time to post.