RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finding the Original Owner?

Old 12-02-2018, 11:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finding the Original Owner?

If you wanted to find the original owner of a car, and the dealership that originally sold the car won't play ball with the contact information, is there any way of finding out who the original owner was? Carfax doesn't do it ... they just show what dealership sold it and what state(s) the subsequent owners registered and serviced the car in. I'm thinking there has to be some type of state records ... are they publicly available or locked for privacy reasons? State in question is Ohio, which may help. Any relevant help is appreciated!

This is hypothetical, and I realize that there may not be a way to obtain this information if the dealership doesn't play ball. Please, please, pleaaaaaasseee do not turn this into a 1,000 questions about "why do you want this information" ... I just want to know if there is a way to publicly determine who the prior owners of a car were. Also, I'm willing to pay for the information, so it doesn't have to be a free site. Thanks.
Old 12-02-2018, 02:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Disregard ... this conversation has gone sideways elsewhere, with people informing me that there are privacy issues and being offended. I'll work with the dealership as best I can to get the info I need, and if they can't provide it, tough luck on my part. Thanks.