RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Goodbye...

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 11:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goodbye...

After fours years of constructive posts on the S4 forum, I'm finding the RS4 forum has a high component of owners who are less like-minded. I've enjoyed the wealth of knowledge and smart commentary over the past few years. Best of luck to those RS4 owners who, despite being blessed to have the means to own what may be the very best sports sedan ever made, remain down to earth car people.

I'm going to go play with my kids. Thanks for the giggles.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

"my windshield is scratched and people are posting unconstructive comments, waahhh."
Old 04-14-2007, 03:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default I've always found people that feel the need to say Goodbye

on internet forums are searching for something else entirely. I ready your post and what did you expect? for people to make it better for you?

The fact you said you should/could get a M3 speaks volumes about you and the RS4...you have something else to drive for another 2 years, because unless you have one on order like I do ( I speculate) you won't be seeing one for 10-15K south of MSRP untill deep into 2009!

Bye.
Old 04-14-2007, 04:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Give it a break guys; I have seen most of you bitch about a thing or two over the past year......

He made one comment that was a little harsh about switching brands. He is pissed and I don't blame him, you would be two. Let it slide already, will ya.
Old 04-14-2007, 04:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

We've all been flamed. AudiWorld is a notoriously tough crowd. No big deal.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:17 PM

Ya think?
Old 04-14-2007, 10:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I go away for a day, detail my car, and you guys scare off another owner.

2audis4u, I think you're being a bit overly sensitive, but that's your right. As I said early on in your thread monster, let them polish the glass. It's a simple and fast process. If you're not satisfied, have them replace the windshield. Others have done it here for cracks, and have not had a problem.

This car is a marvolous machine. It would be a shame to send it back for scratches that could be easily fix. I feel for your concerns about your dealer. I have a good dealer, and have never had a problem, but they are owned by Penske, and Roger would never stand for a shoddy orgainzation. Other dealers can be pretty bad.

Some advise, be proactive and assertive, and don't act like a victim around a dealer. They can smell it.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:48 AM

Default Re: I go away for a day, detail my car, and you guys scare off another owner.

My main dealer, the one closest to me, is owned by Penske(now) and they are as bad as it gets. That's the dealer I was talking about in that other thread.

Roger has no problem "standing" for a lof shodiness off the race circuit...he had some of the crappiest tire shops around too. And now that he's buying up dealerships, Porsche too, they have generally gone downhill, as the detached, make quick bucks, Penske brand bleeds them dry.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Funny, I have a different experience here.

They've dumped quite a lot of dollars into new sales and service facilites across all the Inskip dealerships.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:45 PM

Default Doing the same thing here....

first separated the Porcshe and Audi sites, beautiful new high end Porsche dealership and showroom, and plans or the aging Audi building too. However, that has HARDLY compensates for their weak personnel, inept attitude, and area wide bad reputation. It's all in the management, and the owner(Penske) is out to make money, not make for a better customer experience...flashy showrooms notwithstanding.

Why are you so high on the Penske aspect? I thought you preferred small independant operations?

Quick Reply: Goodbye...