RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Have any of you ever taken the FAASST Performance Driving School and is it worth the $795 ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 12:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have any of you ever taken the FAASST Performance Driving School and is it worth the $795 ?
Old 12-01-2006, 07:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default DIfferent schools for different purposes....

I've been doing driving instructing for awhile, and have been a student many times. I've done Bondurant, Barber 3 day and 5 day, Russell and others.

If you want to learn how to drive your street car fast, consider a school that puts you in street cars close to those you'll be driving, i.e. RWD, FWD, whatever.

You'll start with the basics...car control, the physics of it all, defensive skills.

From there, consider a program that focuses on learning the racing line, heel/toe downshifting, trail-braking, etc.

I STRONGLY recommend Skip Barber 5 day racing school in open wheel cars LATER.

I recommend Bondurant school as the starter program. They do the school in VEttes' Keep in mind, they're in Phoenix, so schedule Spring or Fall classes.

If you have access to them, try shifter karts to hone your skills.

Figure on spending $2K-5K to be fully trained...BUT....there's one more option: track days.

Many car clubs offer TRACK DAYS, which often include some one on one time with an instructor. It's not as comprehensive as I think most people need, but a good instructor will identify your weaknesses quickly.

Usually, I'm able to get my students' bad habits id'd and get them going faster within 10 laps.
Old 12-02-2006, 07:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default My DSL went down Friday afternoon so I didn't see your reply until Sat Night, Thanks for.......

the advice :-)

I took the DE Sat AM and it was a good mix of both class and track time with an instructor riding with me to work on my problem issues. We used our own cars so it was a great way to improve on my skills with the RS.
Thanks Again.<ul><li><a href="http://www.faasst.com/">http://www.faasst.com/</a</li></ul>