RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

have we been spoiled by audi dealers?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default have we been spoiled by audi dealers?

So i bought an evo and it seems like customer service is seriously lacking at ANY mitsu dealer I call. All the guys just seem uninterested in selling you anything.

I called parts asking to buy an extra set of rims. Hes like oh yeah i guess I could check on that for you....and then hes like what wheels do you need, etc etc. He sounded like droopy. Its been across the board with those guys those.

I know audi is a higher end car, but come on. Whatever happened to customer service.

I love Ridverside Audi, although I think I have been spoiled.
Old 10-28-2006, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I remember the B5 guys complaining of Audi dealerships...

and thought Lexus had/has the best customer service. In truth why would you go to the dealership for rims, when there are an abundent of manufactures with lighter and better designs?
Old 10-28-2006, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default i hear the stock rims are pretty cheap. Just curious about pricing....

im new to the whol mitsu thing, so I am exploring all options. Tirerack had decent ones for 239 without rubber.
Old 10-28-2006, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default You get what you pay for. No one will ever consider Mitsu as a high end mfr.

But you're right about one thing...they should at least get off their lazy asses and do their job. What are the specs on your Evo? I have always been interested in the next gen Evo X but it's taking too damn long for Mitsu to bring the damn thing to market.
Old 10-28-2006, 10:51 AM

Default Re: i hear the stock rims are pretty cheap. Just curious about pricing....

enjoy the mitsu and all the affordable mods for it..

so you used riverside?...i was about to buy a daytona from them but went for the mugello from dch audi....dch has great facilities and is easier for me to get to, but i noticed that riverside is a stasis authorized installer
Old 10-28-2006, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default yeah riverside is great and the guys are very reasonable

very knowledgeable and great techs.
Old 10-28-2006, 01:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default OTOH, Subaru dealer was FAR superior to Audi...

I've had so many problems with Audi dealers. My present dealership is 20 miles away from my house. The service dept. won't give me a loaner or a ride. I've had to ride my bicycle to drop off my S4 for service. By comparison, Subaru dealer is further away, offered a rental car with no issues. Nicer people, more polite, just plain easier to deal with.

It probably doesn't help that the Audi dealer is also Porsche/MBz and treats Audi customers as red-headed stepchildren.

I went in to order an RS4 from them in the spring. Salesman actually IGNORED me for so long (over 1/2 hour) - AFTER I SAID I WAS THERE TO TALK ABOUT RS4 - that I got totally pissed off and left. I ended up getting a Subaru STI instead.

I've owned TEN Audis - my RS4 WOULD HAVE been number 11. Great way to engender brand loyalty!

JERKS!

DMoore
'05 S4 Avant
'06 Subie STI
Old 10-28-2006, 03:45 PM

Default Re: have we been spoiled by audi dealers?

I think the service at Audi dealerships has markedly improved sometime between the B5 and B6 platforms, but some of the things that Audi offers has actually declined, such as Audi no longer sponsors the loaner program, and it is left up to individual dealerships to decide who their "special" customers are to loan cars to at no cost.

Also, they are now charging for "AudiCare" which was free scheduled maintenance for 4 years or 50 thousand miles...this now costs $550.00. Perhaps it was previously added to the price of its cars before, but why carve it out now?

In general, though, I think the dealerships are heavily penalized if they receive poor reviews on the phone call surveys that are obtained routinely after a service...which is why they always tell you give them a perfect rating or talk to them about it ahead of time!

It is probably no surprise that Audi had record sales last year both as a result of the quality of their cars, but also since their service seems to have reached a high echelon...
Old 10-28-2006, 08:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

lol at riding your bike to dealership....
Old 10-30-2006, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: yeah riverside is great and the guys are very reasonable

My dealer Duncan Audi in Roanoke Viginia have been very good to deal with when it came to servicing my previous Audi's.