RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Hello! New member here.

Old 08-27-2012, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello! New member here.

Sup people! New member here. First of all, I want to say hello to everyone!

I am now planning on purchasing my fourth car. I currently drive a bone stock '94 civic lx (daily beater) and my wife drives a '95 volvo 850 as her daily beater. We also have a chevy truck that we use for camping, moving, hauling stuff, and for our Tahoe/Reno trips. I do all the maintenance myself on all the vehicles from oil changes, belt changes, tune ups, to alternator changing, excpet for the major work like engine and transmission overhauls. I also plan to do all the work myself if I ever purchased the RS4. However, I plan to enroll in some automotive school like wyotech to get some basic knowledge on engine overhauls, etc. This wiil come in handy once it's time for a carbon clean up.

Anyways, I have decided that I needed a more muscular, more matured car that is both sporty and fun to drive. I am planning on either purchasing a used '09 e90 M3 or a used '08 RS4. I have read a lot on both vehicles, but for some reason, I want to purchase an RS4 despite the carbon issue that it has. I know it has been a headache since it occured, but hey a little sacrifice won't hurt. The RS4 just looks a lot more aggressive than the e90 m3. The wife and I love to go to Tahoe or Reno every winter, so the AWD is definitely a plus for us.

I have driven both cars and all I could say is that the shifter feels better on the RS4. The e90 M3 has a rubbery feeling to it. I'm not saying this just because this is an Audi forum, but the gear just slides into position a lot better with precision in the RS4.

Sound wise stock vs stock, I have to give it to the RS4. With the Capristo exhaust (That's why I chose that as my username), the RS4 produces this intoxicating, loud, deep, growl. Gotta love that low end grunt. The RS4 also is also more responsive at lower RPM's. In order for you to get the same response on the M3, you should be rev high on the powerband. With all that said, I plan to buy the RS4 instead of the M3 due to it's more aggressive stance, it's low end grunt, it's handling capability (although it's a tad heavier than the M3), and it's AWD system, which I could use during our winter trips. The RS4 is basically an all-around car that I can drive drive during the summer and winter.

What is the first thing that I should do once I already purchased an RS4? I actually have a check list that I compiled. Feel free to add on guys. Here's my checklist.

--> Carbon clean up (This depends on what the snake scope tells me).
--> Tune up? (I have to look at the carfax report or maintenance receipts)
--> Oil change (Depends again in maintenance receipts)
--> Alignment
--> Change of tranny fluid, brake fluid

Let me know guys and thanks for reading!

Looking forward to your replies.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:05 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Don't forget the DRC.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:17 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Reggie
Don't forget the DRC.
Forgot about the leaks that could happen in the DRC system.

Has anyone found a permanent fix to it?