RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 08:48 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!!

When I floor my car (RS4) it slows down @ 6000rpm. The problem started soon after I got my GMG exhaust. Could that have anything to do with it? I want to take to the dealer, but I have my flap removed. Has anyone had a similar problem?
Old 02-05-2008, 09:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Had a similar issue within the last week....don't know why, but...Thread hijack!!

Had my car for 2mos..no issues. Last week, on cold acceleration (temp about 35F) In 1st and 2nd gear, my car hits a "rpm limiter" like cut to throttle at 6000 rpm. Then after about 20 min, revs to 8k without issue. Why? As for your dealer and the flapper mod, very dealer dependent IF they even discover the mod. Sorry no further help, but did this happe ever before new exhaust? Is there a recent abrupt temp change? Haven't heard of this..
Old 02-05-2008, 09:56 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Re: Had a similar issue within the last week....don't know why, but...Thread hijack!!

I don't remember having this issue before the exhaust. I don't think it has anything to do with it. Im going to take it to the dealer next week.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Was it only in 1st and 2nd gear that it cut at 6k RPM? or could it have been the 7K Oil Temp limiter
Old 02-06-2008, 04:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Had the same thing 2 weeks ago. There is a TSB for the controler that....

changes between lo/hi speed runners in the intake. Once they get the part it takes about 3-4 hours to fix.
Old 02-06-2008, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Same issue here, it comes and goes and I have no idea what it causing it...

The dealer always tells me the typical response "operating to factory spec" BS.

I've had this issue with my aftermarket exhaust on and my stock, so I don't think it's exhaust related.

Please let us know if your dealer does anything, b/c mine won't try anything unless I can "recreate the issue" while it's at the dealer and of course the car runs fine when ever I go.
Old 02-06-2008, 06:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Do you have the TSB? Is it the one RI A6 (RI RS4) posted last week?
Old 02-06-2008, 06:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default my theory is bad gas.

I had this happen twice, both times after filling up with gas at a station I don't normally use. I think this engine is very sensitive to fuel quality. Ever since I started avoiding that particular gas station, the problem has not occurred at all.
Old 02-06-2008, 06:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I went with the gas theory and have tried filling at a different Shell for 2-3 fill ups in a row...

I've tried 4 Shells now and still have the issue. Unless all the Shell gas in my area is bad, it has to be something else.
Old 02-06-2008, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I don't think it's necessarily a brand issue....

The place where I've been getting the 'good' gas is a small, older, uncrowded Shell station located near a hilltop in a quiet suburban area.

The place where I got the 'bad' gas is a large, busy, relatively new Shell station located near a very busy highway in a low-lying area (there's often standing water in one of their entryways).

My point is that although they're both Shell stations, they're very different in terms of location and volume of business. So that may be something to think about.

The other thing is that it seems to take a while to 'flush out' the bad gas, and have the ECU readjust to the better fuel quality...seems like at least half a tank of 'good' gas before the problem disappears.

Quick Reply: HELP!!!