RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Hotchkis vs H&R Sway Bars

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 04:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hotchkis vs H&R Sway Bars

Does anyone have any experience with either of these? I'm curious about the impact to daily drivability and if the H&R are actually adjustable for our car. Also what the impact was on understeer.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'm actually interested in this as well. I found another forum with some info here: http://www.euroaddiction.net/forum/b...sway-only.html

It sounds like there are some reliability issues with using the rear only, because of the stress it puts on the bolts and such in the rear. This is probably only true on the "stiffest" setting, which if I was only running a rear I wouldn't put it on stiffest setting.

Most of the people on that forum running the rear only appear to have coilovers as well. They make a point about how you shouldn't rely on a sway bar to do the job of your springs. I agree on some level, but I like the idea of keeping the stock spring rates (which is already harsh enough for my daily driving) while also getting less body roll and less understeer in the twisties.

I'm probably going to pull the triger on the rear only bar and run it on softest setting (still 200+% stiffer than stock). My biggest worry is having to install it with jackstands ony...no lift.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

I ordered the front and rear so I'll try it out on the 200% setting. I'm just going to let NGP put it on for me when I get the piggies installed later this month. I'll probably do the coilovers at some point, but I'd rather take this route first to see if it gives me the cornering I need. People have said not to go with the H&R springs on the DRC setup though.