RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

How long to build a car?

Old 09-28-2006, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How long to build a car?

Does anyone have any idea of what the time frame to build an RS4 and get a VIN once its scheduled for production?

Thanks
Old 09-28-2006, 08:16 AM

Default If you just ordered the car, you are looking @ 3 months until delivery.

You will probably receive you VIN in 2 months and the other month will be for inspection, travel, port inspections, and PDI delivery.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: If you just ordered the car, you are looking @ 3 months until delivery.

Its been on order for what seems like an eternity! My dealer told me yesterday it was in production stock but no VIN yet. He said it should be here by the end of October.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:04 AM

Default Sound about right. Production stock means that it is in the line of production.

There are seven steps in the production process and a VIN is not assigned to a US spec car until the process is completed. You will receive your VIN when your car has completed the production process and has been shipped from the Quattro GMBH plant back to Ingolstadt Audi factory for final inspection. IIRC, this is how it works. You should receive your VIN very soon. The wait soooo hard, I feel your pain. I had to wait 11 months from order to delivery.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Sound about right. Production stock means that it is in the line of production.

11 months? Oh man that must have been torture for sure. I sold my S4 back in July and have been driving my antique Ford pickup since then. Do you really like your RS4? I mean how does it compare to what you thought it would be?
Old 09-28-2006, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Sound about right. Production stock means that it is in the line of production.

I ordered my car beginning of August and I got a ETD date of Dec 11th. Seems a bit long, but maybe Audi is giving me a conservative time estimate.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

A month ago my drop date was December 18th, then it went to November 20th and now its October 30 week of. I got an email a little bit ago saying my car was due to leave on the ship October 7th. I have no idea how many days it takes to get here but lucky for me I am in Virginia so I am sure thats better than being in Iowa with respect to my car being delivered.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:48 AM

Not necessarily. Your boat may dock in Houston. :-(
Old 09-28-2006, 01:57 PM

Default No regrets. I love this car. It is everthing I could have wanted and more.

And yes, the wait was hell. I bothered many people from this board and my dealer/broker especially. They were as excited as I was to see the car come in.
Old 09-29-2006, 04:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: No regrets. I love this car. It is everthing I could have wanted and more.

Yes I can honestly say I have bothered my dealer quite a bit. They are a small dealership and everyone is excited to see the car. He even has a couple of guys in the area who have older S4's that want him to call when it arrives. Does your car have the Titanium look wheels? In your signature it looks that way.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How long to build a car?