RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

I am sick to my stomach - Crumpled front passenger quarter panel

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 08:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am sick to my stomach - Crumpled front passenger quarter panel

So, my careless GF back right into the front right quarter panel of my 08 RS4. I am trying to be optimistic, but I think I may need a new one. Any ideas out there on the replacement cost? Ughh. i feel like I am going to throw up.....
Old 08-21-2009, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyLeads
So, my careless GF back right into the front right quarter panel of my 08 RS4. I am trying to be optimistic, but I think I may need a new one. Any ideas out there on the replacement cost? Ughh. i feel like I am going to throw up.....
When you say "I am trying to be optimistic, but I think I may need a new one." I can only assume you actually mean a new GF!

Those panels are aluminum I think so I would think it is likely to be a bit more expensive that a regular panel. The cost of the labor will likely be the determining factor and I'm guessing here but I wouldn't be suprised if it the cost was $1000 - $1500 or maybe more.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

I had a bad experience where someone hit and run'ed me, popped my tire, damaged my suspension and destroyed the front right quarter panel. I went to an Audi shop to get it repaired since it was covered by insurance, but my deducatable was $2000 (sucks for me i know).

All said and done, the total to fix my car with the parts and labor was $3900. I assume its going to cost you around $1500 - $2000 especially if you want to get it fixed by Audi and not some random body shop. Oh and don't forget about the paint job too!

Good luck!
Old 08-21-2009, 08:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

I also had damage done to my front light too so that cost is added in there somewhere.

Ok, I pulled out my paper work for the damage done. It seems like the fender will cost you $375. They put in a new splash sheild and GRU cover?? No idea what that is. Headlamp cost me $791.40. Labor is probably $130/hr since thats what my dealership charges to remove a CEL!!!!!!!!!

Looks like the labor was the most expensive part adding up to around 1000 total. I change my estimate to around $1000.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the feedback. For whatever reason, I was thinking that the panel itself was going to run me a few grand. The audi authorized body shop quoted me over the phone around $1500, although in the light of day I noticed that the door may need to be replaced. Any idea on that? Hoping that they can pop that out. the fender is so shapely to begin with that I assume they would just replace it as opposed to trying to shape it back to perfect. As for other damage, none of the trim on the door or anything forward of the wheel well was damaged....
Old 08-28-2009, 08:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Some guy hit my rear quarter and wheel, the bill for that was $3500. Parts/Labor, paint, 1 new wheel, alignment and took 4 days. The body shop did not reuse the "good" trims because they have to clear coat the damaged areas + some overage to blend, so that rang up the bill more. I didn't care because insurance paid for it. If your door needs to be repair too, I would suggest just run this through insurance if you have comprehensive coverage. Your bill is looking to climb quickly. Sorry about this.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

I agree it will be thousands of dollars. No way it will be $1500. Let them start taking it apart they will see more stuff. Add the door and all the labor I bet it will close to $5k.

Sorry about the whole thing but do not cut corners make sure the car is back 100% to specs.

Cheers

Nick
Old 08-28-2009, 08:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by James P.
When you say "I am trying to be optimistic, but I think I may need a new one." I can only assume you actually mean a new GF!

HAHAH. now that funny
Old 08-29-2009, 09:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by patrick - pes
HAHAH. now that funny

I haven't had that happen to me...but I can definitely feel your pain. I agree with above poster about not cutting corners. Get her back to as close to the original finish as humanly possible. GL.