RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Joined the RS4 Club

Old 04-12-2009, 06:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Joined the RS4 Club

Well after remarkably little too and fro'ing I decided against the B8 S4 and hunted down a 2007 RS4 CPO north of Toronto. Premium package with brushed aluminum instead of CF interior trim. In Canada this is RNS-E, heated seats all around, homelink, rear and side shades, autodimming mirrors and and a couple of other little things. . P Zero summer and Dunlop 3D Winter both in 255/35/19. Daytona Grey with pearl effect. Black interior with Audi summer and winter mats. An engine clean enough to eat off of. Car has 23,000 km and one set of DRC replacements at 19,300 km. Also a leaky oil cooler line was retightened. It amazes me someone can drive a car for 2 years and not put so much as a scratch or nick on it. If you didn't know better you'd think the car was new.

I've already done the exhaust flap mod. Pulled the 2 plastic hose barbs from the black rubber hose stubs that attach to the vacuum valves. Put a threaded wood screw dipped in silicone caulk into each plastic hose barb and clipped each screw into a clip inside the read bumper that happened to be handy. Sounds great and the engine really is intoxicating.

Remarkably, I'd doing only about 5 to 10% worse in mpg relative to my quattro 3.2 Mk 2 TT with 6MT.

Now I have to figure out how to get my iphone 3G hooked in to the RNS-E and get the text onto the screen. DICE or Denison I assume.
Attached Thumbnails Joined the RS4 Club-l1000550.jpg   Joined the RS4 Club-l1000549.jpg  
Old 04-12-2009, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats.
What part of the GTA are you in?
Old 04-12-2009, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I saw that car for sale locally...

Nice colour.

Glad to have another RS4 in the GTA. There are only a handful of us. Congratulations on purchasing a beautiful car and continuing to preserve what someone has obviously taken interest in up to this point.

Now, let's get a group together and drive the snot out of them.
Old 04-12-2009, 10:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Actually I'm in London, ON. There were 6 cars on Autotrader in Ontario, from Chatham to Ottawa. Drove them all, bought the one in Newmarket.

Guess I'm gonna have to change my posting name, eh ?
Old 04-12-2009, 07:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Any chance I could come by and have a look at your car sometime? I think I spotted you recently on Oxford near Hyde Park. It's the only RS4 I've seen in town. I'm looking for one as well and would love to have a closer look...haven't actually seen one up close yet!
Old 04-12-2009, 07:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Too bad you're in London...

Or we could hook up and go for a good run.

Sounds like you made the right choice for you then. you're going to love the car.

What were the other colours you saw?

Enjoy your ride and change your name.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:00 AM

Congrats and welcome to the small and exclusive RS4 ownership circle ;-o) Safe motoring across Canada and hopefully plagues such as (another) DRC leak and carbon buildup will be things you only read about!
Old 04-13-2009, 07:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by 405Z
Any chance I could come by and have a look at your car sometime? I think I spotted you recently on Oxford near Hyde Park. It's the only RS4 I've seen in town. I'm looking for one as well and would love to have a closer look...haven't actually seen one up close yet!
Sure. I will PM you in May. I'm out of town for the next few weeks. There are 2 others that I know of in London. One is the same colour. I haven't been to Oxford and Hyde Park in this car yet, but been there dozens of times on my Triumph and in my TT.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Or we could hook up and go for a good run. [/QUOTE]

For sure, if I ever get a minute to myself.

Originally Posted by IbisRS4
What were the other colours you saw?

Enjoy your ride and change your name.
I saw 2 in black. 1 in silver, 1 in Dolphin Grey, 1 in Blue. All had Nav except one of the black ones. all had blac interior except the blue which was silver (i.e. off white !).

Yep, now I have to figure out how to change my name and keep my history....
Old 04-13-2009, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverCanuckTT
Or we could hook up and go for a good run.
For sure, if I ever get a minute to myself.

I saw 2 in black. 1 in silver, 1 in Dolphin Grey, 1 in Blue. All had Nav except one of the black ones. all had blac interior except the blue which was silver (i.e. off white !).

Yep, now I have to figure out how to change my name and keep my history....[/QUOTE]

I test drove the one that was listed with Pfaff in Oakville. It was the black on black with the Ti package. Nice car, but they were asking 83Gs for it, too much.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Joined the RS4 Club